2.0 PD oil pump check

Martinus

I don't think so, unless you've got a bill for the work.  The upgraded parts mate together and are buried.  

See this high speed video of the process... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHELb6v3B3g.

If you have service history for the car you might find out by phoning the previous maintaining garages, though you still might not find out if it has been done with upgraded parts or not.  

There are lots of these 2.0 engine cars about now, with some dealers even being a bit naughty and marketing them as 1.9's as the capacity doesn't quite meet 2.0L!  That it has covered 140K miles might be a good sign, but who knows.  

Thank you for reply.

I've tried call all garages who stamped the service book but not lucky.

So do you think it could have still faulty pump with 140k when it's normaly fail somewhere between 35 and 100k?

Who knows.  Mechanical failures usually follow a Gausian distribution - most known issues will fail within certain mileages, but you can always get lucky and have it last longer.  

If you want piece of mind you'd have it looked at, or try and shift the car onto someone else, or just have your fingers crossed...! :)

I think in early failure you can measure with appropriate kit a drop in oil pressure in the running engine.  I have no experience with this engine, so can't really advise any more than what I've read about it.  There is a ton of information out there as there are tons of failures.  There are a couple of co's on ebay who do replacement kits.  They might have developed quick ways of checking.  Like these guys:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Passat-Audi-A4-A6-VAG-2-0-TDI-Re-manufactured-Oil-pump-balance-shaft-/182022723809?hash=item2a616658e1:g:yOAAAMXQfvlSngqU

I have no knowledge of them, just first one I found localish to you.

Anyhow, good luck with it :)