Non complete rear wipe fault when cancelling stalk early

Anyone else noticed this on the rear wash wiper

Sometimes when its went I'm used in my m1 fabia to cancelling the stalk early just to ensure it gives one wipe only ( so on, then immediately off)

But on this car you can't do that, it seems to only go half way up the screen !

Can just put it on agan to move back to low position, but its wierd !

This has just started to happen to me on my 2014 vRS in the past few weeks. If it is due to the cold weather then it didn't happen last winter and its only happening intermittently.

Very annoying to look in the rear view mirror and see the wiper in the vertical position when it should have swept the screen once and returned to its original  position have only flicked the wiper stalk once.Planning to have it looked at the next service in May.

Yep, mine does this quite often. You've got to wait till the wiper is at least halfway across the screen (in my experience) before cancelling it, otherwise there's a fair chance it'll just stop when you do so.  PITA, means you've got to keep an eye on the rear view mirror when you otherwise wouldn't.

Anybody had any luck with the dealers with this particular issue?, mines done it for a third time today which I class as one too many once it gets to three occasions. Its happened when I've used to stalk and also just by selecting reverse (the automatic option when front wipers are on)

If its affecting other people when also selecting reverse could we possibly change the title of the thread, I didn't want to start a new one because I didn't want to look like I was being funny. Only reason i ask is because if the wiper stopping half way when cancelling with the stalk could contribute to why its doing it but when its happening just by selecting reverse gear its looks like some more sinister (not to be overdramatic or anything

Nah I think its not necessarily specific in that way, it was just a thread starter so no point trying to overspecify (speaking in terms of the OP posting)

Mind also has been doing it even when I just click it on, can not do a full complete wipe every time and I'm finding its quite random.

I haven't even looked at the situation with reverse, as mine is randomly doing all the time, it probably does it in reverse as well, but not specifically to this.

The key thing here being that is random, but IS a fault. I will be taking this up at my next service anyway (under warranty).