HOW MUCH for a service (Caps intentional)?

philhoward

I've just gone all Yorkshire.  First service, £147 for an oil change and a quick look over.  Have I just been taken for a ride?  Most annoyed as when we upgraded, both my wife and I recall it "being on the same deal you have now" which was free servicing.  Apparently not, it seems...

Any good independents in the Stoke area because Robert Eardley aren't getting the next service at that price!

I was quoted £135 for the first service at my dealer. When I said that people on here were getting it for less than £100, the reply...." Oh, OK....how about £90 then?". That's exactly how much I paid. The second service was also done for about two-thirds of their original quote, too. Don't forget....the Skoda- dealer quoted price is the MAXIMUM they can charge - but they are free to charge much less (as you can see!).

I've got a 15 plate Citigo and Skoda were offering 3 years servicing for £99, not 100% if that was 2 or 3 if i'm honest.  Having just had a Toyota charge me well over £300 for the 2nd service (not even change plugs, just inspect/clean) I felt this was a bargain.

I thought the free servicing at one point was only available if you took the PCP offer from Skoda?

Our ASG Citigo has had 2 free services and now on the way to the 3rd (final) free service

To own a citigo has been so far very inexpensive and painless experience.

I paid £99 for a 1st service on my Citigo. They wanted more but I got them to reduce it, I think they wanted my future business.

Mine was on around 5k miles at the service, it didn't really need one but 12 months was up. It's basically only a oil and filter change, and a quick wash over (they call it the posh word, valet) with a dirty rag.