Kufatec stuff...what is this?

In anticipation of changing the skoda for a Golf I picked up an rns 315 and it came with a lod of Kufatec goodies. I know one is an Ipod connector but no idea what the box with DAB on is for or the other box. Anyone enlighten me? Thanks

post-128022-0-14577100-1455908843_thumb.jpg

I think I have found out what it all is, An MDI as already noted, a reversing camera and video input device and a dab radio add on that adds dab to none dab devices. All came with the 315 but now wondering if it will work with my columbus as I will be reselling the rns 315 due to a change of plans and sticking with skoda.

• Like 1

If it's the Kufatec unit like I have, it will work fine with Columbus/RNS510 (and Amundsen+/RNS315)

All you need is a suitable camera, a little bit of coding and Robert is your mother's brother. As it was never an option, there is no Skoda-OEM camera. A good CCD one is highly recommended.

Mike Holroyd has one of these things too, he's also got a very OEM-like camera too.

If you're not interested in keeping the Kufatec though, send me a message ;)

It's half installed, what a day car is in pieces and battery just died lol. What a ball ache wiring the camera, just trying to find a decent ignition live now. Will probably use the one from my dashcam and fit a relay later. Also fitting an mdi at the same time so with my Bluetooth quad lock that's 3! Fun times fitting all that in!

When I did my RVC, I used a switched live from the fusebox originally. Sadly this didn't go down to well with the police......my camera has LEDs on it, so they were on all the time.......apparently ANPR doesn't like this as it can't "see" the plate. So, I cut the power line and put in a relay triggered by the reverse light (cunning eh? ;) ) My camera is a number-plate holder. Running the power straight off the reverse light causes major issues with the display

I found the easiest way to run cables from front to back was to remove the passenger grab-handle and visor, and the trim at the top of the boot opening, then push a piece of long thin plastic through from the back. When it pops out the front, tape the wires to it and pull it back. This is especially good way of going when you have the full-length curtain air-bags, as the new wires are not even remotely close to the airbags. :)

Once it's all in, you'll need to tell the gateway it's got RVC, and Columbus too. You can configure Columbus to show nothing, RVC, PDC, or both. If you've got a good enough camera, just RVC should do the job. The beeps remain unaffected.

All working, I routed it down the rear pillar, into boot behind side panels through seats and along the bottom trim under the doors. I thought it was a bit rubbish until I wiped the lens :) Decided to get rid of the MDI, whilst handy 3 quad locks is a pain. I have no skin on my knuckles with 2!

Edited by Nikonite
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I sold my MDI a while ago, Columbus has CD, CDC, HDD and SDCard, and BT too, so little point in keeping the MDI. Also it was only the ex who used it with her toiPhone.

Welcome to the scraped knuckles club ;)