RCN 320 head unit installation help in Skoda Rapid 2012

Hi There

I have a Skoda Rapid 2012 (No Steering mounting controls), I sourced out Head Unit from one of my friend which was removed from Skoda Rapid 2015 model (which is having steering mounting controls) the head unit has Bluetooth, USB and SD card.(Its RCN 320)

I have installed the same to my car (Skoda Rapid 2012) the head unit works fine, but I am not getting the illuminated lights in the buttons, Bluetooth doesn't work, displays message "No Key" and no ACC off/on.

Someone guided me that the head unit requires CAN BUS decoder to work properly, I searched and ordered CAN BUS DECODER, but after connecting the Decoder problem is the same :(

Can any one help me ........

Thanks

Upneet

Edited by Upneetsaini

You're not the first to have this problem when I looked into it some months ago. And I've not found anyone who's managed to get to bottom of it and get the features working from a quick google search.

Edit. Does this link help?  http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/showthread.php?6956396-Upgraded-to-VW-RCN-210-bluetooth-enabled-radio

Edited by Rustynuts

I have gone through many forums but no one has got the sucess with 320 as of now :(

One question can we modify the HU itself so that it can work as aftermarket HU, but OEM looks can be maintained, as all the features and functions are available in the HU, it's just that it doesn't get triggered due to can bus decoder

Any thoughts on the same

Thanks

Edited by Upneetsaini

Just to clarify, the OP does not have the same Skoda Rapid that we have in Europe. The car sold as the Skoda Rapid in India is a different car: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/rapid/overview

So, what works for UK and EU spec (and wired) cars will not necessarily apply to this vehicle.