project " Red October " the keeper I think lol

marko pollo

On 21/01/2020 at 21:37, Robshaw said:

Love this! Great project!

The white wing mirrors are the only part which aren't to my taste really! (I wouldn't listen to me, it's not my car!)

Enjoy it.

Cheers mate, wasn't sure about them myself,  I've still got the red one's and a set of green one's I was going to carbon skin, feel carbon fiber is well race car 😜😂😂 

• 1 month later...
On 28/01/2020 at 12:16, hussair5 said:

sine you are moving on to more track focus  car, you don't need the ARM REST LOL - I will have it

is that customer intercooler pipework?

Sorry for the late reply 🙈😂😂

Its allredy sold mate, I did try and use it but no space as had to remove the center dash 🙈😂

Its Not custom mate, cant remember where i got it but it came as a pre made kit, did however have to get a custom map sensor boss as thr kit never came with one kit 🙈😂

Well its been a good few days on the vrs, my back is killing me but the doctor told me to keep it moving so I did 🙌🏻😂

Finished stripping out the rear to a level I'm happy with, removed the center trim to make room for my seat, 're wired my gauges as I originally wired them to the CD player loom, removed the turbo timer as it was **** lol, got my cuz to "help" me compleat fitting my seat (He done 90% of it tbf, I've a bad back as pre mentioned🙈😂), fitted a questionable gear knob that I will be replacing soon, removed my bace face door speakers aswell, sadly didn't get round to giving it a well needed Hoover so excuse the carpet🙈😂

Will be swapping out the l&k surround for a black one or possibly the std vrs one and making a panel to fill in the CD player hole, mounting my battery cut off switch there aswell as a 12v usb charger number, no ice in the track car for me, insted I'm getting a Bluetooth speaker for the tunes and hands free 😜😏😂

Harness still to install but keeping the seatbelt for the non track driving,  just need to sort out eyelets or make a harness bar 🤔

Also still need a second seat, might get another bucket seat as I've still got another s3 bace or just pick up a cloth oem bucket seat from a mk4 golf 🤔

20200225_130414.jpg

20200225_153526.jpg

Done a wee bit more  last night, it was dark but the phone light workes well lol

Ordered some tinted perspex to blank off the CD player hole and made a blank (cheap and cheerful style🙈😂)

12v usb charger trial fitted
Battery isolation / cut off switch trial fitted
Cable layed down for battery relocation 
Earth fitted for battery relocation

Backs killing me now so pain killers movie and bad for me 🙈😜😂😂

20200229_200417.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got all the bits in I needed to do the relocation , got it all wired up and it worked for like 10 seconds 🙈😂😂

Turns out that the only wire i didnt replace ( kill switch to battery fuse box, my old and very well used amp power cable) gave up 🙈😂😂 

Now waiting on new cable coming to 're wire it again 🙈😂