Rns 315 no satellites

I just sold an rns 315 that was working perfectly in my car. The buyer is having trouble picking up satellites though. I bought a new GPS antenna to go with it (eBay job) which I didn't test before shipping. Is there anything else it could be or likely just the antenna? As I said it was working no problems in my car I tested it on a short run there and back.

I've found a few threads online saying a reset may be required after changing cars by removing the fuse.

Right now it's still showing as being on my driveway in Crawley while it's actually in Scotland

Edited by Nikonite

If you removed it from your car that would have disconnected power. Is there not a reset to defaults in the System menu.

Did it run from SD for maps.

Edited by DonjSZ5

I am sure they are V4 everything else works perfectly the map comes up you can put addresses in it just does not seem to know where it is it looks lost :(

are you the new owner ?

Have you actually driven somewhere

Edited by DonjSZ5

No just trying to guide you to curing it.

I would search for Factory Reset in System Settings

Edited by DonjSZ5

you can't reset the rns315 either by buttons or vcds , id check where the new owner has mounted the gps aerial as it needs to be as close to the windscreen as poss also some times it can take a while for the satellites to show up also explain they need to take the car on a good drive 1st time so it all settles in correctly.

you can't reset the rns315 either by buttons or vcds , id check where the new owner has mounted the gps aerial as it needs to be as close to the windscreen as poss also some times it can take a while for the satellites to show up also explain they need to take the car on a good drive 1st time so it all settles in correctly.

Are you sure only Page 69 of this implies you can

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/manuals/RNS310-RNS315-Manual.pdf

I have my GPS antenna (the one I tested it with) in the gap I the dashboard that I think some people have daylight sensors in. As it is showing my home as its last location we think it may just be the antenna hopefully. It worked great in my car which is already set up and coded for the Columbus, maxidot, Bluetooth, could it be a coding issue? I read some cars may have position sensing that can cause issues.

I really can't see it being the latter it was very well wrapped.i drove to work this morning and had the nav information up and the coordinates are changing all the time I was driving and don't change when stopped even though it still shows no satillites it might be that I just have to take a longer journey

I just connected my Amundsen Plus up in the workshop, connected the gps antenna, and it locked onto a satelite fix within a minute. You shouldn't need to drive a long way to lock onto a gps fix.

Where have you mounted the gps antenna? I'd remove it and stick it on the car roof to test functionality.