Columbus & Iphone 6

Hi all.

Having come from a car with USB and bluetooth capacity as standard, I want to add the same to my Octy with Columbus. I have searched the site and to be honest, am baffled!

I would like to keep things OEM (so no extra box stuck to the dash), have full connectability and control over the phone, as well as the ability to make calls hands free.

I am quite happy to pull the car apart and understand that I might have to code items but we'll cross that bridge later, so what do I need?  :nerd:

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Baileydog

I think you have a 2012 model with maxidot and MFSW?

Best option is a 3C8 035 730 D or E bluetooth module and wiring loom, probably looking at about £100-£150 and will take an hour or so to fit. You will also get A2DP so you'll be able to stream music as well as making handsfree calls from an iphone.

If you also want USB capabilities, then you'll need to add a MDI unit. This will allow you to play music from a USB stick or an iPod connected using the correct lead. I'd probably budget another £100 and ideally it would be fitted at the same time as the BT.

Both will need coding but that's only a ten minute job :)

I think you have a 2012 model with maxidot and MFSW?

Best option is a 3C8 035 730 D or E bluetooth module and wiring loom, probably looking at about £100-£150 and will take an hour or so to fit. You will also get A2DP so you'll be able to stream music as well as making handsfree calls from an iphone.

If you also want USB capabilities, then you'll need to add a MDI unit. This will allow you to play music from a USB stick or an iPod connected using the correct lead. I'd probably budget another £100 and ideally it would be fitted at the same time as the BT.

Both will need coding but that's only a ten minute job :)

Correct with the model year! 

Thanks for the help, time to start shopping!