MFSW and Maxidot

I was under the impression that any retrofit would render the stalk controls inoperative. Both my preFL Octavias have retrofit Columbus head units, and one has a retrofit MFSW, but the stalk controls do not work to control the radio on either car. The stalk controls did work for radio when the original Stream units were in.

Question is what do you want both stalk controls AND MFSW to work? If the buttons on the steering wheel work, what's the problem? Stalk or steering wheel, you're not taking your hand off the wheel to alter the radio with either.

Not had chance to look at a FL Octavia recently, but wondering if there is any change of coding that can be done to change whether MFSW or stalk, or use both?

Mike

Presently nothing is working on my non-maxidot cluster MFD. Neither stalk not steering controls. Radio controls from MFSW are working perfectly. Edited by captvikky

Who coded the new module in? The lcode 009A140000 is completely different to the original 4880040000.

I've not checked these but I'd try 4882140000 (assuming you also added cruise control) or 4882040000 (if you don't have cruise control).

I shall try these codes and revert back with the findings.

FYI i retrofitted MFSW and steering module myself. Cruise control not yet fitted ( the cruise control stalk I ordered is different from stock one and does not fit in). I did not do any coding. After fitting MFSW I reconnected the battery connections and paddles, Radio controls from steering wheel started working right away. However I was unable to operate MFD on my non-maxidot cluster neither with right stalk buttons nor with steering controls. After that I checked with VCDS cable and found this issue.

Not sure without looking at etka,  but assuming the badge you need is the one on the spoke  at the bottom.  If it is the one on the airbag,  please don't attempt to replace that as it is fixed in such a way that it won't injure you by flying off if the airbag deploys. 

Mike 

Hi mate,

Yeah you got it :) I'm well aware of the dangers of replacing that centre badge; as you say, it's the silver VRS badge on the centre spoke recess.

Cars-equipment has them for 20 Euros so it might be better me just reusing the existing one if I can get it off without damaging it or the wheel...

Edited by planehazza

IIRC, you'll probably have to do a bit of jiggery pokery with badge as it has a lug or maybe two on it which slot into holes in the wheel. I think it/they can be cut off though and the badge just stuck on, as I'm sure that's what I ended up doing when fitting my MFSW.

• 2 years later...

Hi, looking to retrofit MFSW on 2009 Octy FL (without Maxidot - that is next upgrade).

Does anyone have a MFSW, loom and 1K0953549CD/CE/CF for sale in the Edinburgh area please? Or can post?

Have VCDS so coding not an issue.

Thanks everyone.

1K0 953 549 CQ

1K0 953 549 CQ
1K0 953 549 CQ

On 14/07/2018 at 23:39, PB1911 said:

Hi, looking to retrofit MFSW on 2009 Octy FL (without Maxidot - that is next upgrade).

Does anyone have a MFSW, loom and 1K0953549CD/CE/CF for sale in the Edinburgh area please? Or can post?

Have VCDS so coding not an issue.

Thanks everyone.

1K0 953 549 CQ

1K0 953 549 CQ

1K0 953 549 CQ

I have a maxidot for sale if that's of any use? 

Hi planehazza

Thanks for your reply 

How much do you want for it? 

Where are you? 

Is it compatible? What part number is it please? 

Many thanks

15 minutes ago, planehazza said:

I have a maxidot for sale if that's of any use? 

Hi planehazza

Thanks for your reply 

How much do you want for it? 

Where are you? 

Is it compatible? What part number is it please? 

Many thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi guys. Thread revival time.

I recently acquired a 2012 FL Octavia.

I want to fit a MFSW.

I've done a VCDS scan I the steering controller is: 5K0 953 507 AE

This part isn't listed on the Rosstech wiki.

But if I go into the long coding the option to enable the multi function steering wheel is there.

Does this mean the steering controller is ok and doesn't need swapping?

So I just need the wheel and new wiring harness?