Surging....any ideas?

OK,here we are, I've tried all the obvious stuff...new MAF, code check, all to no avail.

My octy vrs has an annoying habit of surging at 4-5k rpm, noticeable in 4th and majorly in 5th, feels like its on the sea, very weird!

Mods are Forge 007, 4 bar boost, CAI kit and a stage 1 CC map.

I've contacted JBS several times....to no avail, they have not returned my calls.....YET!

Can't think what is causing it, use optimax all the time, all the usual stuff.Have trawled the threads, maybe someone on here has some ideas??? PLEASE!!

Cheers,Goose

OK' date='here we are, I've tried all the obvious stuff...new MAF, code check, all to no avail.

My octy vrs has an annoying habit of surging at 4-5k rpm, noticeable in 4th and majorly in 5th, feels like its on the sea, very weird!

Mods are Forge 007, 4 bar boost, CAI kit and a stage 1 CC map.

I've contacted JBS several times....to no avail, they have not returned my calls.....YET!

Can't think what is causing it, use optimax all the time, all the usual stuff.Have trawled the threads, maybe someone on here has some ideas??? PLEASE!!

Cheers,Goose[/quote']

I think that 4bar Boost may have something to do with it. :eek: I suspect you mean a 4bar FPR.

Can't see that it's over boosting with a stage 1 CC map. Try replacing the N75 with someone else firstly.

Just for your info, took it to JBS today and after playing PS2 all day, finally got it sorted.....................N75 was faulty! At least thats where we are so far, got to give it some berries yet and find out if its cured, but the surging seems markedly improved on the way home down the M1...to much traffic to really try it out though.

Can't fault the service from JBS, even to the point of excusing Jim for his tardiness!! He wants to spend some of the money he blows on motors on a watch!!:thumbup:

Will post again if there's any interest!

Goose

Nope...I don't have a vRS...was just curious as I've never heard of surging...but I get your point though...you feel like the car's givin' you all the noise and feel but no go kinda thing...