Rear washer, sorry guys

I know there are a tonnes of these but just want to double check before I start stripping down.

Just replaced the rear wiper. Tried to activate washer to test it and pump works but no water. Open boot and there's water on top of the carpets just behind rear seats on N/S.

Had a quick feel around trim on boot and edge of tailgate and can't feel anything obvious. Is there anywhere else the hatchbacks leak other than the connector behind CD player as I can't see it being there?

I believe the pipe can split and fail where the boot hinges.  I'd take off the boot lid trim and trace the pipe.  Also, make sure it hasn't simply become blocked and popped of the washer jet from the pressure.

Edited by planehazza

Cool. Just waiting on a replacement rear cat to be delivered then will go out and take another look. Does the pipe run under the wiring loom rubber?

Edited by Mikek3111

Yeah only reason I discounted behind CD changer is the water is on top of the boot carpet right behind the seat so it's a fair way further back from where the cd changer is?

Its a lot easier to get in behind the CD player and check there first than it is stripping down that damned plastic backing to the boot. Also, even if its still attached by the cd player take some extra steps to keep it that way i.e. gaffa tape, whatever or else you risk it separating in the future and blowing your reverse parking sensors control nicely positioned under there. 

Ive found my pipe separated at both locations in the past. Seems the second I replace it its quick to pop out again. Need to take some extra steps myself to keep them stuck together, maybe soak the washer jet in something incase its a bit corroded and causing somekinda back pressure to separate the pipes. 

It does sound like its leaking from behind your boot plastic though, likely when you open the boot its dripping down from the top (now upside down from being open) however, for the sake of removing 3 bolts and pulling the carpet back may as well check by the cd changer and get something on it. If you fix it behind the boot lid and that in turn causes it to slip out at the cd changer and take out your parking sensor control unit youll be pretty miffed.