cig light not working

Can any one help me, my cigarette lighter is not working, i have checked the fuse and that is ok but no power is getting through to the lighter so has anyone out there have a wiring diagram for the octavia vrs on an o9 plate. many thanks

I know this is going to sound stupidly obvious, but........have you made sure there's nothing fallen in there? Also, have you tried something else in there (phone charger for example)? Will show if power issue or the lighter itself has packed up.

Welcome aboard by the way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy for bits & pieces to fall down the open slots at the bottom of the cig lighter socket. 

I had a SatNav power adapter shake itself into bits, and half of it disappeared down through the little holes at the bottom when I pulled it out to see why it wasn't working.  There was an impressive farewell fireworks display of sparks inside the socket when I did it.  Still works OK though, fingers crossed.

But the point is it's easy for bits to get down there, and that could be the problem.