Citigo Garmin/Navigon PID Radio Station logos

Fusioncrust123

I've been busy adding in album cover art to all my MP3 files so they display on the PID. Only a little thing I know but it's kinda cool that it displays the album cover art when playing a track :-)

20160306_230212-01_zpskmwpzemt.jpeg

So, when updating the maps for my Navigon I noticed there was a selection of radio station logos that could be downloaded so that these would display like the album covers when listening to the radio. I duly downloaded them but for the life of me couldn't get them to display. So after much googling it transpires that the UK radio station logos are not included in the Navigon download. I then found the info required for how to name the files and the resolution, file format etc, downloaded a few logos via Google image search and put one or two in the navigon to test and.................

......... It works :-)

20160310_202014-01_zpsqcvckmx5.jpeg

Whoop whoop! :-)

I'll get onto doing a few more and make them available if anyone else fancies trying it. I'll write up a how to guide tomorrow :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Garmin PID does the radio stations all by its self. How to do go about getting the Album covers to show? I have one or two that work but can't figure out why all the rest don't show!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Garmin PID does the radio stations all by its self. How to do go about getting the Album covers to show? I have one or two that work but can't figure out why all the rest don't show!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just wouldn't display them, I deleted the logos and loaded them again using Navigon fresh but nothing worked. From searching it appears that others have the same issue too, weird. When I checked the actual logos that were in the navigon update it transpired there were very few UK ones and they were obscure, none of the main BBC ones were there for example. I'll convert some more later today and then save them in a zip file for those who might want them.

For the album art to display it needs to be saved in the 'front cover' id3 tag for each mp3 file. There are loads of free id3 tag editors around, I can't recall at the mo which one I use. I'll update later today when I'm home. They are easy to use and you just navigate to a low res jpeg (no need for any bigger than 500 pixels square) and save and hey presto :-)

Ok,so the files for the radio logos have to be in PNG format and 124 by 118 pixels and have to be named a certain way. The name has to be in this format 'PI_E1_F219'

PI indicating its a PI code, E1 is the code for the UK and F219 being the unique RDS code for each individual station. A list of all the unique UK radio station codes can be found here (in the PI column under the VHF tab):

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_145781871992615&key=b413f3292c887544a4827af15971aeef&libId=ilpnerfs01002fz9000DAh02q0ne3&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.upownersclub.co.uk%2Fforum%2Fradio-station-logos-solved_topic3216_page1.html&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fstakeholders.ofcom.org.uk%2Fbinaries%2Fbroadcast%2Fguidance%2Ftech-guidance%2Ftech-parameters%2FTxParams.xls&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.upownersclub.co.uk%2Fforum%2Fradio-station-logos-solved_topic3216_page3.html&title=Radio%20Station%20Logos%20-%20Solved%20-%20VW%20UP!%20Forums%20-%20Page%201&txt=here

I then found a zip file containing all the UK radio station logos, this can be downloaded here:

http://www.volkswagen.de/content/medialib/vwd4/global/mom/golf_7/content/senderlogos0/gbr_20131216-zip/_jcr_content/renditions/rendition.download_attachment.file/gbr_20131216.zip

So each logo that you want then needs resizing in a photo editor and renaming using the protocol above. Then all you need to do is load them into the 'Logos' Folder which is found in in the 'Mediaplayer' folder in the navigon drive when connected to a computer, NOT the SD card.

I have only done this for a few logos to test it out but when i get a chance i will do some more and then link to where anyone interested can download them for their own use. If anyone else has some already done and can make them available then that would be useful too :-)

Cheers

Martin

Edited by Fusioncrust123
  • Like 1

Mine does this by its self.... Including Bbc and local radio. I have a garmin not a navigon

If possible and not a pain, next time you connect your PID to the computer could you copy the contents of the logos folder in the media player folder (on the device itself NOT the SD card) and make them available? Would save a lot of time rather than resizing and renaming all of mine?

Thanks in advance :-)

Cheers

Martin

so under Navigon>MediaPlayer is a file called Logos.afs, which I'm guessing is the logo file. this is access via windows explorer not the fresh application

you can download from here > http://www.filedropper.com/logos_3

if this is the correct folder, ill put it somewhere more perminant.....

on a side note, can anyone upload the "United Kingdom.map" file from their device (so long as you have the most up to date maps!)

Edited by masserator

so under Navigon>MediaPlayer is a file called Logos.afs, which I'm guessing is the logo file. this is access via windows explorer not the fresh application

on a side note, can anyone upload the "United Kingdom.map" file from their device (so long as you have the most up to date maps!)

It's actually hundreds of individual files. You go to 'my computer' then 'Navigon' drive, then 'mediaplayer' folder then open the 'logos' folder and then it's all the individual files in there. There should be a hundred or more all called similar to 'PI_E0_5E7A' or 'PI_E1_AC41' . It's all these files that are the individual radio logos named according to the correct protocol to be used in the Garmin/Navigon PIDs.

Much appreciated :-)

It's definitely there :-) Its not the Navigon 'folder' it's the Navigon 'drive' then mediaplayer folder then the logos folder and that's where the logos are stored.

Cheers

Martin

I have the above issue. Our Garmin PID has all the updates... and ALL the FM station logo's work on all stations EXCEPT Rock FM which is the station we listen to the most! I have a Logos.afs file rather than a folder containing the images. I have made a .png file called PI_E1_C889 with all the attributes mentioned so I know this is the correct file name and have copied it into a created Logos folder on the PID itself.

Can't find any way to edit or open this Logos.afs file to see if the files are embedded in it.

Odd... but one of those first-world 'problems' which I can see many hours being devoted to!

Edited by chrispele

I have the above issue. Our Garmin PID has all the updates... and ALL the FM station logo's work on all stations EXCEPT Rock FM which is the station we listen to the most! I have a Logos.afs file rather than a folder containing the images. I have made a .png file called PI_E1_C889 with all the attributes mentioned so I know this is the correct file name and have copied it into a created Logos folder on the PID itself.

Can't find any way to edit or open this Logos.afs file to see if the files are embedded in it.

Odd... but one of those first-world 'problems' which I can see many hours being devoted to!

Hmmmnh, interesting. I have one of the older Navigon branded units rather than a Garmin one so maybe a difference between the two as i have no logos.afs file at all. Just to double check here, that we are both looking in the same place. In the Navigon drive, then the mediaplayer folder. I then have a logos folder. Within the logos folder are all the individually named images as above for each station logo. No logos.afs file at all.

Masserator, do you have a Garmin or Navigon unit?

Anyone else who can take a look and see which of these two scenarios is on your device and whether you have a Garmin or Navigon unit?

I would say it's a fair bet the Navigation has a folder system whereas the Garmin is using encryption hence the .afs extension.

I would say it's a fair bet the Navigation has a folder system whereas the Garmin is using encryption hence the .afs extension.

Makes sense. I'll just have to work through the logos I need, resizing and renaming them as I go :-)

• 2 years later...