Columbus "USB Error"

Had my MKIII Superb a few weeks, love the car! However when I plug in my iPod I get the error message "Error:USB Device" and it won't play or charge. It's an 80GB 5th Gen iPod, has anyone with a similar iPod had any success?

hmmm, I have the 30gb and can run it via MDI cable. Apple items can be very fussy though. Is your USB cable good or can you try another one.

Still no luck. Was going to borrow an MDI cable but seems I have no MDI port. I'm wondering odd the issue is that my ipod is formatted for Windows.

My 30 also says Windows...I thought they were all Apple OS. But I am not connecting mine by USB so cannot now compare. 

I have just double checked both my cars with the 30gb. Both have MDI sockets, one running a Bolero the other RNS510 Columbus (earlier model than yours) but I just wanted to be sure the info I gave was true.

Both systems worked immediately and the ipod was connected showing Media In on the pods screen.

You may need to approach your dealer as I am not much help further and with no other posts available.

This might sound daft but I had to buy a special cable which plugged into my beloved's iPod touch and split into a USB cable and aux in.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaspire