Fed up with leaky sunroof - help!

Hi guys,

Last year my sunroof leaked on the drivers side. Easy fix - top drainage pipe blocked.

This year passengers side turn!! Carpet soaking wet again.

This time it's not the pipe. Somehow it's leaking through some part of the fitting and dripping underneath just next to the pipe fitting on the front left. If I pour water down around the drainage hole it flows down the pipe but some is also leaking apparently through the plastic moulding somewhere.

Can't figure out for the life of me how it is getting in. I have the front pillar plastic part off and cloths stuck down the door seal to soak up the drips when it rains.

Can anyone suggest where it might be leaking in?

Thanks

2002 2.0l automatic ambiente.

Had another poke around today in the nice spring sunshine.

Looked at the mouldings and filled some gaps with black silicone on the off chance it may be leaking in somewhere there. There was some old silicon type black glue from factory so maybe some of this had dried out over the years.

I saw a vid today where a guy was cleaning the pipes out but also discovered the screws on the slide the sunroof slides on we're loose allowing water to run past them and the slide, worth a look to see if the rails all screwed down properly.

I saw a vid today where a guy was cleaning the pipes out but also discovered the screws on the slide the sunroof slides on we're loose allowing water to run past them and the slide, worth a look to see if the rails all screwed down properly.

do you know where these screws are? I was busy looking at the roof on Sunday and didn't notice any screws.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from an Easter break and checked the parked skoda. Yes all wet again, still leaking! Drips down the front door seal from the sunroof under the lining. I stuffed a cloth down there to soak up the drips.

How can I access the back pipes? Do I need to remove all of the roof lining? It seems very stiff the lining and creases easily.

Finally found the leak after stripping most of the roof liner!

Found extra drainage pipes between the front and rear main pipes!.

The pipes don't actually have a proper fitting either. Just relies on a trickle system. Pipe was quite hard so I imagine it relies on a nice new soft rubber.

I sealed around it with silicon. Will test it with a bottle of water tomorrow once dry.

Sorry photo uploader isn't working.  jpeg 150kb.

Ahhh came to this a bit late, I posted a little thing about accessing and resealing rear pipes, the design is so cheap its pathetic. Using open channel drains is so stupid its almost insulting. Glad you've got it sorted. Just dont go throwing a bucket of water over the roof as the open drains are easily overwhelmed by volume.

Ahhh came to this a bit late, I posted a little thing about accessing and resealing rear pipes, the design is so cheap its pathetic. Using open channel drains is so stupid its almost insulting. Glad you've got it sorted. Just dont go throwing a bucket of water over the roof as the open drains are easily overwhelmed by volume.

Didn't work the first time. Have applied more silicon.

Do you still have the link to your post?