Škoda Fabia Monte Carlo mk2 summer tires reccomendation.

Skynetz

Hi all,

So, I bought a used Monte Carlo late last year and bought some new winter tires for it, but now I will need to buy some new summer tires too.

I have the dimension 205/40/17.

I looked at some new reviews, but they don't cover dunlop rt 2, eagle f1 3,...

The only known tires that are pretty cheap are michelin pilot sport 3, but people say they wear out quickly.

Which tires do you have or suggest ?

Is it really needed to buy the best ones, as these are performance dimension tires and the car still has only 105hp ?

Thanks for your help skoda folks!

Maybe look at fitting 215/40 R 17's for more comfort.

Skoda have the 205/40 R17 as standard on the vRS and Monte Carlo.

Yet VW, Seat & Audi fitted 215/40 R 17 on various cars with not that much more power than your Monte, 

and Skoda now fit 215/40 R 17 on mk3 Fabia with 110ps engines and even lower power.

If you wanted All Seasons i recommend Maxxis AP2 All Season,

as to Summer Tyres Pirelli Zero Nero are pretty long lasting and the Tyre Skoda fitted as a Replacement when Monte Carlo 

owners in the UK reported Pulling Left.

I used those in 215/40 R 17,  but disliked them in 205/40 R 17.

There are so many choices it really is down to what suits you.

I actually like Dunlop Sport Maxx as Summer tyres, but the sidewalls are not great for bad roads.

(i get them cheap as Skoda Dealers removed them to fit Pirellis to cars they were too useless to sort the alignment on.)

Can I just fit 215 on the same rims as 205 are on ? But than I would have to do the homologation again ?

I don't want all season tires, because I have new winter tires on now.

Your Trinity wheels in 7J x 17 are fine for the 215/40 R 17 tyres.

As i said VW, Seat and Audi & now Skoda fit that size tyre on the same size rims.

VW even fit 225 to some VW Golf with 7J x 17 rims.

Sorry no idea about those tyres, 

but i had Hifly HF805 Tyres on last Summer and they were very good in the wet and dry and not expensive, 

about the same or less than the Nexen.

Your Trinity wheels in 7J x 17 are fine for the 215/40 R 17 tyres.

As i said VW, Seat and Audi & now Skoda fit that size tyre on the same size rims.

VW even fit 225 to some VW Golf with 7J x 17 rims.

Sorry no idea about those tyres,

but i had Hifly HF805 Tyres on last Summer and they were very good in the wet and dry and not expensive,

about the same or less than the Nexen.

I think 215 would be even more expensive and I would have to do the homologation.

Falken ze914 are very cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a couple of Michelin PS3s fitted on mine as I heard they were good and didn't want to renew the standard fit continentals. Obviously can't comment on longevity though as they have hardly been driven on yet. Cost £116 each fitted. I believe you can get PS4s now, but I don't know how good they are or how much they cost.

I just had fitted to my Fabia vRS 'TIGAR' Syneris Tyres that are made in Serbia by a Company 100% owned by Michelin.

they cost in the UK £30-£40 a tyre in 205 / 40 ZR17 84W XL (Various suppliers, but ATS Euromaster gets them in easily)

Tried them already in the dry and cold and tomorrow i will see how they are in the wet.

(I have them in a bigger size on another car and they have performed just fine.)

http://atseuromaster.co.uk/tyres/tigar-tyres

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Recently fitted Avon ZZ5's 205/40r17 to my Fabia Monte Carlo. Brilliant tyre been superb in the dry and has rained a few times and even in the wet can still feel confident in the car. I was lucky as only paid £42 a tyre through work but doubt there are too expensive maybe £55 elsewhere.