Fabia Monte Carlo with 17" or Sports Suspension?

Hi. Couple of questions - looking into a Monte Carlo; saw one at Geneva Show with the sports suspension and bigger alloys.

Do any Monte owners have any pics of theirs with either the 17" alloys or sports suspension (or both?)

Also - anyone got the 1.4TDI 105 in any spec Fabia? How is it on the motorway etc? Hoping to get a test drive booked soon but aware that it'll be difficult to source a demo with that engine and/or the different suspension.

Thanks.

Typed on a phone

Hi, you didn't say if you were after an estate or hatch but here's ours with 17"s and sports suspension.....

It's the 110 petrol so can't help you with the second bit sorry.

There should be plenty of pics in the monte carlo thread for you.

b3ecc8c0-23f1-4ee0-86b8-c5f53c71166b_zps

• Like 1

Hi, you didn't say if you were after an estate or hatch but here's ours with 17"s and sports suspension.....

Thanks. Would probably be Hatch for me. Yours looks nice.

Typed on a phone

Looks fantastic! But why oh why can I not have this spec with the DSG gearbox? Skoda UK you are idiots!

I've got a loaner race blue hatchback Monte Carlo 1.4 105 bhp TDI on 17" and standard suspension while they decide when they're going to move my new Octavia vRS from Grimsby to the dealer.

It's a cracking car, I love driving it.  Lots of low-down punch. Will sit at 80 mph all day long. I've been getting mid 50s low 60s MPG out of it too.

My girlfriend might be buying one now as it's so nice.

2016-03-21%2012.04.40.jpg

Edited by skipptg

Nice! I test drove a 90bhp on Saturday and was really surprised at how powerful it felt low down, like you say.

The bigger wheels definitely make a difference looking at it. Hope your Octavia arrives soon!

Typed on a phone

Hello guys, looking into a MC wagon Fabia too. I have been trying one with sport suspension and 17" rims, found the behavior in curves really great, but a bit hard on the vertebrae depending of road conditions.

I have been told that without sport suspension, it gets softer of course but you also loose the very stable behavior.

Can any of you who owns a MC share his sensations ?

It's all personal opinion but the ride isn't hard with the sports suspension, I've only had my test drive in one without it and I would struggle to tell the difference tbh.

Your not going to put your back out hitting pot holes or going over speed bumps if that's your worry, it's more for aesthetics than driving dynamics.

• Like 1

To begin with the suspension on my SEL combi with 'Sports suspension' seemed very firm. After 9k miles, you would be hard pushed to notice any difference.

The 17" wheels are probably the biggest cause of any ride harshness and the fact that the tyre pressure figures are high for ecofriendly driving!

Both my Roomster and Fabia started off very firm, but 2-3k miles and that firmness goes. It's just 'newness' of the components.

I am actually doubting any change to the overall spring/damper setup other than a slightly different spring rate dropping the height.

Granted, I haven't driven either model with 17" wheels and without sports suspension.

I demo'd a SE with 16" wheels and standard suspension for an afternoon and other than a bit of tyre roll when pushing on, I agree with the above about telling the difference.

Which, means this is an expensive option for a 15mm lower ride height.

To begin with the suspension on my SEL combi with 'Sports suspension' seemed very firm. After 9k miles, you would be hard pushed to notice any difference.

The 17" wheels are probably the biggest cause of any ride harshness and the fact that the tyre pressure figures are high for ecofriendly driving!

Both my Roomster and Fabia started off very firm, but 2-3k miles and that firmness goes. It's just 'newness' of the components.

I am actually doubting any change to the overall spring/damper setup other than a slightly different spring rate dropping the height.

Granted, I haven't driven either model with 17" wheels and without sports suspension.

I demo'd a SE with 16" wheels and standard suspension for an afternoon and other than a bit of tyre roll when pushing on, I agree with the above about telling the difference.

Which, means this is an expensive option for a 15mm lower ride height.

It's all personal opinion but the ride isn't hard with the sports suspension, I've only had my test drive in one without it and I would struggle to tell the difference tbh.

Your not going to put your back out hitting pot holes or going over speed bumps if that's your worry, it's more for aesthetics than driving dynamics.

Thanks guys for the reply and the feedback. OCD, you really noticed the suspension getting "softer" with time ? The one I tried was brand new, fresh out of factory, so that might explain it ?

I am tempted to go with the 16" and sport suspension. I suppose it could be a good mix ?

Thanks guys for the reply and the feedback. OCD, you really noticed the suspension getting "softer" with time ? The one I tried was brand new, fresh out of factory, so that might explain it ?

I am tempted to go with the 16" and sport suspension. I suppose it could be a good mix ?

Perhaps not softer just a bit less 'sting' or harshness on the initial bump from new.