Emission recall yet

Hi,

Is there an actual recall on this yet? Have received 2 letters so far just saying our engine is affected and they are going to deploy the update soon, sometime in early 2016 for 2.0tdi. No exact date or to book an appointment to take the car in to a dealer. Am I correct on this?

Cheers.

Yeah same here had two letters all gone quiet now meant to start recall from January Perhaps VW don't need to do it anymore I wonder if they have found a legal clause to get out of recalling thousands of cars.

I more than likely will not have the so called fix done. Emissions levels have been raised to be no real point. Ive had the car mapped as well

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just an offtopic but might be interesting what happens in Latvia. Now cars registered from 2012 will have many things checked via computer - airbags, smart lighting systems, DPF, SCR, ad-blue stuff etc. And it means that no simple "cut out that DPF, do some software update and works fine" solutions will be fine any more.

I'm just curious how our people will manage to avoid that. Probably some kind of emulators will be implemented. It costs something anyway...

I'm glad I'm 2011 :)

If you have a Remap and your car runs well why put the car in for the fix?

It is not a Recall, it is really a Service Campaign, maybe called a Recall Action or whatever they want,

you chose to have it done or not to have it done.

(not safety critical or even safety related and VW / Skoda are hardly in a hurry to carry out 'the fix'.)

Edited by GoneOffSKi

I have had mine mapped as well. So I would lose mine. I spoke to the guy who did it and he said the "fix" will all blow over and be a big waste of time as it will really change nothing. Even my local skoda dealer said he wudnt be having it done on his personal car. So stuff vw and their fix

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk