Mist From Rear While Accelerating Update/Issue

Did you not get a car 'Health Check' print out in the Folder even though you might not have a Service Book.?

The Coolant is a Fluid and should be checked, even with a Minor Service.

After all you are paying for them to do more than just change Oil & Filter.

Yes the health check report they gave me says the coolant was checked and all is ok. Depends whether they actually checked it and if the coolant being on the MIN level is normal. All other cars Inc previous mk2 vrs the coolant has always been on max and never changed.

Something to ask the dealer on Tuesday.

Many Volkswagen Group engines will have a technician top up the coolant to 'MAX' and by the time the vehicle had reached running temperature and covered some miles the coolant is nearer the 'MIN'.

The thing is really if you do not check yourself after a Service, Oil Level, Coolant Level, Tyre Pressures, 

then you are trusting to them being checked and correct.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

In God we trust, in Technicians and Fitters we double check.

• Like 1

Many Volkswagen Group engines will have a technician top up the coolant to 'MAX' and by the time the vehicle had reached running temperature and covered some miles the coolant is nearer the 'MIN'.

The thing is really if you do not check yourself after a Service, Oil Level, Coolant Level, Tyre Pressures,

then you are trusting to them being checked and correct.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

In God we trust, in Technicians and Fitters we double check.

I always check oil after a service and tyres regularly anyway. Never had a car where the coolant level has ever moved though (assuming it was above MIN when I got the car). Coolant is not something I've had to check regularly on any recent modern cars!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...