Engine won't start - Fault codes: P0183 & P0118

2005 Fabia 1.9 TDI refused to start this morning. Engine cranks over, diagnostics shows two fault codes:

P0183 Fuel pump sensor "A" circuit high

P0118 engine coolant temperature sensor 1 circuit high.

I have replaced both sensors to no effect. Fault codes still show up and engine won't start. Something is stopping the fuel getting through!

Anyone had this problem or know of a solution? Suggestions appreciated.

P0183 is a fuel temp sensor not a fuel pump sensor.

However neither that or the coolant temp sensor should stop it starting. It would make it difficult to start but should go eventually. But looking at the codes and them reading circuit high means there is an interruption in the wiring from those sensors to the engine ECU. They are both on the engine wiring harness so I would be checking for issues along there.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Replaced ECU to find car still won't start. checked all fuses and found one missing!!!! Bottom right F48 ECU. Such a fundermental error. Never thought that a fuse would be missing. Only explaination is that it was not fully in, in the first place and came loose. Anyhow car now back on the road and I have a spare ECU.

• Like 1