Thinking of changing wiper blades and headlights bulbs

Hey guys how are you all doing? I'm thinking of changing my headlights bulbs to these: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/lighting1/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/car-bulb/?48177022F&1&1e3f976bebc52a917caacd5a99632b663bee2b24&000384

Has anyone got these bulbs what are they like? Are they easy to fit as I'm a complete noob when it comes to this.

The blades I'm looking for are below as the ones I've had on the car seem to rub a lot so I'm replacing the front and rear blades with these: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/wipers/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wiper-blade/?485771310&1&86dc9c1afb028b1e6627f56cada5bd7f3098a4a6&000604 and http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/wipers/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wiper-blade/?485774920&1&438ccc891f3b088bfbea1d15c19e843048c84fa9&000604

Thanks for the help, John

I fitted those headlamp bulbs to my daughters Fabia as the factory bulbs are pretty weak. Although not equivalent to zenon headlights they do make a worthwhile improvement for night driving and the colour is more in keeping with the LED DRL's.

Access to the rear of the the headlamps is via removable panels in the inner wings. They are a bit fiddly and you do risk some grazing to the hands in the process. The worst bit is orientating the new bulbs so that the tabs fit correctly into the cut-outs in the headlamp, as space is limited and you can't really see, so it's all done by feel.

Can't comment on wiper blades as the factory ones are only 5 months old, so working fine. 

I fitted those headlamp bulbs to my daughters Fabia as the factory bulbs are pretty weak. Although not equivalent to zenon headlights they do make a worthwhile improvement for night driving and the colour is more in keeping with the LED DRL's.

Access to the rear of the the headlamps is via removable panels in the inner wings. They are a bit fiddly and you do risk some grazing to the hands in the process. The worst bit is orientating the new bulbs so that the tabs fit correctly into the cut-outs in the headlamp, as space is limited and you can't really see, so it's all done by feel.

Can't comment on wiper blades as the factory ones are only 5 months old, so working fine.

Thanks would it not be easier to remove the headlight and fit the bulbs that way? Where in the inner wings is the removable pannels?

Thanks would it not be easier to remove the headlight and fit the bulbs that way? Where in the inner wings is the removable pannels?

No, removing the headlights requires removing grill. The panels are quite easy to find and are shown on page 184 of the owners manual.

• Like 1

Its not the wiper blades that will scratch your windscreen, its debris and road dust.

No, removing the headlights requires removing grill. The panels are quite easy to find and are shown on page 184 of the owners manual.

Perfect that helps a lot :)

Its not the wiper blades that will scratch your windscreen, its debris and road dust.

I washed the wind screens and they still rub. They weren't the best when I got them so thought I'll pick up some new ones

Edited by Leprejohn

Hey guys how are you all doing? I'm thinking of changing my headlights bulbs to these: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/lighting1/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/car-bulb/?48177022F&1&1e3f976bebc52a917caacd5a99632b663bee2b24&000384

Has anyone got these bulbs what are they like? Are they easy to fit as I'm a complete noob when it comes to this.

The blades I'm looking for are below as the ones I've had on the car seem to rub a lot so I'm replacing the front and rear blades with these: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/wipers/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wiper-blade/?485771310&1&86dc9c1afb028b1e6627f56cada5bd7f3098a4a6&000604 and http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.2_2015/p/car-parts/wipers/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wiper-blade/?485774920&1&438ccc891f3b088bfbea1d15c19e843048c84fa9&000604

Thanks for the help, John

I've just fitted Osram's equivalent, they are easy to fit, no removal of headlights required although you may have to move the battery a little to get to the rear of the passenger side headlight.

I've got Cree sidelight bulbs fitted which look good with the whiter light these types of bulbs give out.

Jlwah, did you buy one set or two sets of the bulbs? Took it to someone earlier and they weren't sure one to replace high or low beam. Do I need the one set to do both sides or two sets for high or low beam.

Thanks, John

Jlwah, did you buy one set or two sets of the bulbs? Took it to someone earlier and they weren't sure one to replace high or low beam. Do I need the one set to do both sides or two sets for high or low beam.

Thanks, John

I bought one set of the Philips White Vision H7's and just did the dipped beam.

Not sure if the main beam is also an H7 bulb or not.