Best Fine Adjustment for Acc ?

Hi have been using Acc quite a lot have to agree it's quite slow in reacting when traffic moves out if your way etc. I was just wondering has anyone found by fine tuning the sensitivity this improves this issue?

Have you customised your driving dynamic control, you can set up user preferences so that it will accelerate quickly after traffic moves out of the way, select sport for this parameter.

Guess you are aware you can alter the distance to the vehicle in front if you do choose, but this always defaults back to a middle distance when you deactivate ACC.

Guess you are aware you can alter the distance to the vehicle in front if you do choose, but this always defaults back to a middle distance when you deactivate ACC.

You can set the default distance in the Columbus' Car > Settings > Driver Assistance > ACC menu.

I have mine set to the "Last distance selected" option.

Hi have been using Acc quite a lot have to agree it's quite slow in reacting when traffic moves out if your way etc. I was just wondering has anyone found by fine tuning the sensitivity this improves this issue?

None of the settings make a difference to how soon it starts accelerating again when a car has moved out of your way. Only how fast it accelerates when it starts. I rarely use acc at all now for this reason as I find I'm holding up traffic that's anticipated that I will be accelerating before I am. On the rare occasions that I use it I just plant the throttle rather than wait for it to accelerate which kind of defeats the point slightly.

Edited by Bugginbob

I found mine was misbehaving badly in traffic a couple of days back and twice I had to intervene and use the brakes to avoid a collision.

It was raining lightly but that has never been an issue before. It was almost as if the system 'lost' the car ahead and decided the road was clear - and then wasn't quick enough to stop again!

I'm keeping a close eye on it, but my faith in it has taken a knock - not that I completely trusted it.

These radar based systems will not work when it rains, had them for the last eight or more years on E classes and found that out quite quickley, problem is you cannot revert to a basic cruise control, bit of a pain really!

When using ACC, keep the maxidot display on the 'Assistant' screen. If you can see the little white Skoda on the screen, it means the radar has identified and locked on to the vehicle in front. The size of the car on the screen is also representative of how far ahead the radar thinks the car actually is. 

These radar based systems will not work when it rains, had them for the last eight or more years on E classes and found that out quite quickley, problem is you cannot revert to a basic cruise control, bit of a pain really!

Drove in some pretty torrential rain over the weekend doing a quick trip down to Cornwall and back, the ACC performed faultlessly over the 600 miles it was on.

Have not really driven in ahrd rain with it switched on, but somebody on here ahd previously mentioned that it had switched off in bad weather.

Maybe they have improved the system, the E class I had with it was from 2004.

Edited by philsmith