2009 CR170 Octy VRS estate £3700!

mattvrestate

Car was clocked before my ownership by a buyer/seller trader and is showing 93k now. I have traced the previous owner (owned from new) and have the correct service history so I know the mileage is actually approx. 145-150k

Would it be worth scanning the car with VCDS, obtaining the true mileage in KM, converting to miles and have the speedo corrected?

It's already very well priced but with the mileage corrected, it's not even a bad selling point.

• Like 1

Would it be worth scanning the car with VCDS, obtaining the true mileage in KM, converting to miles and have the speedo corrected?

It's already very well priced but with the mileage corrected, it's not even a bad selling point.

When you clock a modern car you also have to change the miliage in the Engine ECU so the miliage is the same in all C.units.. i have VCDS and i am a techy.. thought about clocking it back to 150k but the MOT history still shows up as 135k then 80k so would still have to mention it :-/

When you clock a modern car you also have to change the miliage in the Engine ECU so the miliage is the same in all C.units.. i have VCDS and i am a techy.. thought about clocking it back to 150k but the MOT history still shows up as 135k then 80k so would still have to mention it :-/

That makes sense, just a shame that some idiot clocked it in the first place.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That makes sense, just a shame that some idiot clocked it in the first place.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ye thanks m8..

Its a really good car + has served us well and i would happily have kept it for a long time if i hadnt just bought a VW T5 as i couldnt resist the spec

Anyone with a sensible offer? Im running out of space and getting sick of messers on Ebay already lol!

Super advert Matt.

I can't quite work out why anyone would clock a car back when there are MOT certs showing a much higher mileage?

Did they REALLY think a potential punter would be so dim as not to latch onto this? Unbelievable if so.

Wonder if the scammer was prosecuted.

Looks lovely anyway, and that should fly out the door. GL

Super advert Matt.

I can't quite work out why anyone would clock a car back when there are MOT certs showing a much higher mileage?

Did they REALLY think a potential punter would be so dim as not to latch onto this? Unbelievable if so.

Wonder if the scammer was prosecuted.

Looks lovely anyway, and that should fly out the door. GL

He/ they were prosecuted after I bought the car and had done it to a string of cars.

They forged all documents to match including the MOT and unfortunately stamped the service book with false records etc so the service book was used as evidence so I dont have it.. tbh the car looks + drives like the 80k car it was sold as to the previous owner.

If gone today I will let it go for £3700 but I wont drop it lower than that.

A rare chance to pick up a well specced VRS for a really good price :)

Edited by mattvrestate

So tempted by this. Been looking on ebay at it for a while now. Remapped at all? Cambelt done under your ownership?

I put a DTUK tuning box on it in my ownership but removed and sold it last week so it is the standard 170bhp now.

Cambelt was done in 2012 at 90k so isnt due again untill the back end of this year or 190k..

I am a VW techy tho + I work at TPS currently so could supply + fit a genuine full cambelt kit for you now for the price of the belt kit + a small labour charge :)

Obviously i would need a diposit 1st.. probably be around £4000 including cambelt kit/ w.pump fitted if gone 2day/ this week?

Edited by mattvrestate