Not much of L&K here...

It's a purely personal opinion, but yes, for me it feels perfectly balanced.

Beige ("pudding" :) ) is a nice touch, but proved to be a sad disappointment in my case in terms of maintainability. One of the reasons I did not buy out the car from lease company :p

The "brown option" aka L&K is probably not for everyone, but I find it appealing.

I have no pictures, but there is plenty on the net - just for example: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/official-new-car-reviews/1240253d1399953712-skoda-octavia-official-review-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditiondashboardingeneva.jpg.

In real life that brown seems darker than on the photo. Top of the dash is still black.

Alcantara imo is also great - not as sweaty as leather but giving a decent look and comfort. Should also look better after few years, unlike the full leather that always starts to look like a worn jacket after some time.

Exactly what I was going to say, the brown in the photo is quite pronounced. It's much more subtle and refined looking in day to day use, even on a very sunny day it still isn't "that" brown looking

very interested to see the white and brown in some photos!! [emoji2]

Its all in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I like the L&K, it has a great standard spec and if you want a capable car with loads of stock toys then its a good option.

Personally I prefer how the vRS looks and much like a GTI/GTD/R compared to a regular Golf, the vRS drives better and is the more dynamic, fun to drive car....never mind the fact that here in the UK it gets the highest output TDI/TSI motor options. I'd forego the toys for the arguably better looks, drive and (to a lesser degree) performance but thats just me.

• Like 1

L&K has all the bells and whistles you could ever need - a great all-round package. Our Nov. 2015 L&K with 1.8TSi engine and 7-speed-DSG is whisper quiet apart from the road noise - 18-inch wheels and relatively low-profile tyres are pretty noisy over rough surfaces. Perhaps they have improved the engine/transmission soundproofing since earlier posts? I seems to recall seeing somewhere that a tyre company has recently introduced a new quiet tyre technology - can anyone give me a link?

That said, there are absolutely no squeaks or rattles. And gear changes are absolutely imperceptible. As for colour, Rio Red does it for me - deep, rich, almost russet in tone - very classy!

I was @ dealer today...Showed me an ordered wagon Topaz L&K. Pretty good indeed. He started convince me that Moon white combination is also a killer but nothing to show :(

Piano black elements as said here will scratch fast but look classy ;)

There is a huge transmission tunnel at rear passenger side, I guess it's all the Octavia,didn't see if this is 4x4...

Other than that brown alcantara and leather are nice to touch,not sure about maintenance and durability,never had such.

Have enough time to decide,meanwhile please share pics of any other color beside the topaz,if any.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Like many others I was initially put off by the pictures of the brown interior almost to the point that I didn't even go for a test drive but mine came up as an ex demonstrator with loads of extras at a very reasonable price so I took the plunge and immediately found that the brown interior was much better in real life than any images. Having lived with it for over 6 months now I think it is much nicer than the standard black that my past several cars came with and that many of my colleagues have in their new cars. My estate is in champagne beige which is also a good combination with the interior.

Like many others I was initially put off by the pictures of the brown interior almost to the point that I didn't even go for a test drive but mine came up as an ex demonstrator with loads of extras at a very reasonable price so I took the plunge and immediately found that the brown interior was much better in real life than any images. Having lived with it for over 6 months now I think it is much nicer than the standard black that my past several cars came with and that many of my colleagues have in their new cars. My estate is in champagne beige which is also a good combination with the interior.

Ha yeah that's funny mine was a showroom car and as I said I wouldn't have chosen the outside or inside colours from a brochure but having had it 18 months now I love how it all goes together and compliments here and there.

Got a pic of yours? Cappuccino beige and brown sounds decent! [emoji2]

Glad you posted the pictures of your L&K - it's somewhat cleaner than mine is at the moment! Interesting - you have black roof rails, is that standard on L&K? Although mine was a demonstrator with various options I thought the silver roof rails were standard. I actually think the black roof rails look good against the cappuccino.

Ours is probably just as filthy!!  Those were from when it was delivered lol :)

Black is standard yes, I thought I'd dropped a clanger when it was delivered, the silver rails were about the only thing I missed ticking on the options list, but having seen a few now with the silver rails both the wife and I prefer the black even though there is chrome round the windows......

Edited by skyjawa