0% PCP now 2.9%

May work out more or less the same with the £2000 towards the deposit?

Edited by RickW

I ordered on 19th March and the dealer said finance offers usually change every quarter so if this one had been better I could have cancelled and moved onto this new finance deal instead. I will be better off on the old deal though so I'm staying put. 

Build week 16 hoping for delivery mid May. Excited! :) 

2.9% and £1500 depsoit contribution is still better than what Volkswagen is charging for their PCP deals. Last time I looked on a Polo it was £1250 and 6.7%.

2.9% and £1500 depsoit contribution is still better than what Volkswagen is charging for their PCP deals. Last time I looked on a Polo it was £1250 and 6.7%.

VW Polo is £1400 deposit contribution (except S and Match) and 6.6% APR.

Fabia is £1500 deposit contribution and 2.9% APR, but also first two services free.

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed the 0% is still available with HP, but you need 30% deposit.

What sort of discount can you get ?

Clearly with the PCP offering £1500 off and 2 services and available into the 4th year, trying to work out how competitive the HP deal is as I intend to keep car long term (and will be saving as it will always get the low road tax) unlike any car first registered after Apr next year.

Best bet is to see if any of your local dealers will match a broker's price, or use CarWow. And then run the numbers. You may find you can get an ISA or something that would pay back something close to the 2.9%, so that 30% deposit could sit in the bank getting you interest while you also get the 1500 deposit contribution and free servicing. As with all big purchases- run the numbers, get the information, and go in prepared knowing all you possibly can.

VW Polo is £1400 deposit contribution (except S and Match) and 6.6% APR.

Fabia is £1500 deposit contribution and 2.9% APR, but also first two services free.

If I were buying a VW I think I would take the finance offer and contribution, pay the first month's instalment, organise a bank loan at 3.5% and pay off the VW finance. Presuming no nasty penalty for early settlement. Just been offered a 3.5% loan so not wishful thinking.

• Like 1

I was going to buy my Fabia estate on PCP in March but the council I worked for was announcing a salary sacrifice scheme on 1st April so I ended up waiting to see what that was before I committed. It turned out the salary sacrifice scheme wasn't worth waiting for (absolutely pants !) but waiting worked out well for me because the deal now included a couple of services and the £1500 contribution covered the £1018 APR costs. I also looked at leasing but it all worked out very similar financially so stuck with PCP. Can't wait for my new car to arrive at the end of June

I've gone for the estate SE L. I currently have Greenline fabia which I love (my first Skoda) but the estate will allow me to fit my golf clubs in the boot. I've gone for the standard blue as I quite like it and not spending money on the outside colour meant I could justify spending more money inside. Heated seats, piano white inserts and blue seats, variable boot floor and voice control will all make my 6.30am commute slightly more enjoyable!

Sounds good! Post a pic when you get it (the car not you :D ).

• Like 1