New (to me ) Fabia Estate

Hi Folks

I am new to this website and would like to welcome you all to my first topic, which is. I am replacing my 2008 Fabia 3 estate 1.9tdi with a 2013 Fabia 1.2, 105, TSI, DSG Elegance estate(20000 miles). I hesitated over the DSG gearbox but a duff left shoulder leads me away from manual gear shifting. With all the controversy over the DSG gearbox being unreliable and noisy over speed bumps and rough roads I opted for an extra years warranty cover provided through SKODA  just in case. I have the remainder of the 3 year warranty until June and then 22 months of Skoda assured warranty provided by a third party. I pick the vehicle up on Friday 8/4/ 16, it is provided by the main dealer in Yeovil. What are your thoughts on the tsi engine and the dsg gearbox. Look forward to your comments. Bob

Welcome aboard Bob. I've not driven the 1.2 but heard good things about the engine. Absolutely love the dsg. It can be a little noisy at times but for the most part, it's been flawless. Took me a bit of getting used to at the start but soon realised how good they are

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Bob. I've not driven the 1.2 but heard good things about the engine. Absolutely love the dsg. It can be a little noisy at times but for the most part, it's been flawless. Took me a bit of getting used to at the start but soon realised how good they are

• Like 1

I have a manual 105ps TSI and it is a lovely little engine. Obviously it's not a huge amount of power, but it is quite nippy. It feels more powerful than you would expect from a little 1.2! I have only had mine just over a year but it seems to be a good all rounder and apparently it's supposed to be quite reliable too.

• Like 1

cabledeck, welcome to the site and congratulations on buying a great motor! I don't own your model but I have serviced the 1.2TSI manual version and driven it. Lovely engine. I've also driven the Mk3 110ps DSG version that I will eventually be buying. I've been a diesel head much of my life but it's the TSI petrol engines that have wooed me to petrol. Having said that I current drive the 1.6 petrol auto tiptronic estate Mk2 Fabia, bought in a hurry to cope with a leg injury some 3.5 years ago. I was only going to keep it for 12 months to give my leg time to heal but ended up keeping it as wife and me fell in love with the auto box. It's a different setup to what you have but equally nice in my opinion but not as efficient as yours. Whatever version you have you are bound to be pleased with it. As GoneOffSKi says, it's worth getting confirmation that the gearbox has been included or not on the service campaign to make sure it's up to date. Otherwise, just drive and enjoy it. There are not really any issues to worry about with this motor. By the way, GoneOffSKi is THE authority on the DSG boxes, as far as I can tell. What he says goes! lol...Take his advice.

• Like 1

Thanks  GoneOffSKI.

I contacted the service dept at the main dealers where I am picking up the car next week. He  said that my car was not included in any service campaign. However, I will use the link you sent me when I have the car. I do not have the vin code at the moment. Bob