Want to insure two cars

zorst

That old chestnut.

I have my Skoda Superb as my everyday car and I want to have another car for the weekends and to tinker with.

I know that  NCB can only be used on one car and that there is a couple of companys will mirror your NCB but you have to be insured with them to do this which means I'd have to cancel my current insurance and start the year again plus maybe pay a penalty.

Gocompare website is coming in at £400 with zero NCB. I was hoping for half of that for the amount I was going to use it.

Also the car isn't a classic. It's around a 2004 to 2006 2ltr diesel worth up to £3000

any input, any ideas?

thanks

I guess you have already spoken to the company you are already insured with on your Superb?????????

I would have thought they would have been more than happy to at least contribute a few years, if not mirror, as you say.

When I needed second car insurance I think they gave me a (largish) percentage of what I already had, which was a good number already.

It will probably depend on what you have already. If you have a good number of years??? they will most likely be very accommodating with your requirements.

I assume you have also listed your limited mileage use? and non rush hour requirement?

I got 2L turbo A4 fully comprehensive, including business use, protected NCD for £200, but with mileage limited to circa 3k.

As above

I got my £13000 L&K on my insurance as a 3rd car with Aviva for £198 :clap: 

Give your own insurance a phone 

I think that's a bit of a result.

I guess you have already spoken to the company you are already insured with on your Superb?????????

After starting this thread and thinking that it would be a no go, where ever I try.

I went to my own insurance company which turns out to be Admiral and they where very helpful.

The Superb last year was £350 comp and this years insurance is only a couple of months away. Admiral will do the pair for £550 comp, Hmm... at £275 each I wouldn't think I'm going to better that?

Thanks

• Like 1

Dont think you will get better than that but just remember that next year 1 month before renewal start pricing other insurers as there is no such thing as customer loyalty in the insurance game. :devil: 

I actually just needed 1 month insurance for the Superb as I was swapping it over on to a taxi plate in a month and was getting quotes of £200 from Temp insurance websites

Then thought I should phone my own provider who could give me a whole year cheaper. :D 

We can mirror your bonus even if the first car isn't insured with us so please give us a call (0800 819 9320) or PM your number and we'll call you.

best,

Nick

Would he keep them next year Nick, to use with another Insurer if he wanted to swap?

Assuming no accidents / claims.

• Sponsor

Thanks for the question. No, mirrored bonus is not the actual bonus years but the discount as if he had the bonus years to use. Therefore there's nothing transferable at the end of the policy year except the one year's bonus that will have actually been earned during the period.

Hope that helps.

best,

Nick

My insurance company (LV) mirrored my no claims bonus so its applied to both cars, £350 fully comp with business and foreign use on the Yeti 2.0tdi 150ps, worth ringing your existing company to see if they can do the same. 

Aviva mirrored mine, but price came down about £250 by calling over the web price. Admiral had been in the lead until then. vRS started 2 months after the Octy when it's current policy ended, but NCD was mirrored from day 1. Policy as such was 12 months for Octy and 10 months for vRS. No one else seemed to come close at all, Axa who I was with at the time when I called them, the advisor said tbh we wouldn't be able to come close and didn't waste each others time on the quote (they advertise multi car but only as a 15% discount on 2nd and no mirroring at the time).  

quote%2B1b.png

Edited by FUBAR

Thanks for the question. No, mirrored bonus is not the actual bonus years but the discount as if he had the bonus years to use. Therefore there's nothing transferable at the end of the policy year except the one year's bonus that will have actually been earned during the period.

Hope that helps.

best,

Nick

Nice of you to give an honest and easily understood answer, Nick. :thumbup: .

I asked as although I cannot remember the details, somehow I was able to use mine the following years. It may have been that I stayed with that insurer though - as, excluding this year, my last few years renewal prices have been pretty competitive. But they were definitely transferred later on.

I have something like 13 years and 11 years iirc, but the A4 is off the road at present - being sold shortly.

Cheers.

In my opinion, Multicar is a bit of a con. A bit like dual fuel.

I definitely get my single fuels cheaper than I would if I used a dual fuel account. (Electricity & Gas). It's funny how Electric companies tend to be expensive for Electric and cheaper for Gas and Gas companies vice versa.

I would bet if you shop around after getting a Multicar quote, you would get it cheaper if you insure them individually, certainly for some.

• Sponsor

We do that anyway Tilt - selecting the best insurer for the individual car. For example we did a 7-car multi-car cover for one club member and that included some classics too. We made him a huge saving over the Admiral multi-car quote he had but he still has only one bill and one point of contact for everything.