12v Battery Start Engine

Msg said 12v battery low please start engine or drive to charge something like that

This is the message you get if you have been sat in the car playing with the gadgets Etc, and drawn the battery down to the alarm level, this is a normal warning, I have had this a couple of times, when I first got the car I had a foot operation and could not drive for 8 weeks, being sad, iI sat in the car and played around with all the Columbus options.

Eventually the got the same message as you, so had to put the battery on charge, but make sure you get a dedicated AGM Battery Charger and you must only connect the positive charger lead to the Battery Positive terminal and the Negative to the dedicated Earth Terminal located on the bulk head behind the battery, this is clearly shown in the Car Hand Book.

If you connect the Pos and Neg Charger Leads directly to the battery terminals, you can cause damage to the cars Start / Stop System.

Msg said 12v battery low please start engine or drive to charge something like that

I had the same message come up this morning and definitely wasn't because I'd been sitting playing with controls in the car!

It was last driven on Sunday when it did about 10 miles, got in this morning and got the message  '12 battery is low, drive the car to charge'

Had a look around the car but couldn't see anything that might have been left on to drain the battery.

Will keep an eye on it to see if this happens again.

I left the interior light on for around 32 hours and didn't get this message.

Are you sure, that the light stayed on for all 32 hours? I´m pretty sure, that the light will go out after half an hour or so. And then it goes back on once a door is opened.

Are you sure, that the light stayed on for all 32 hours? I´m pretty sure, that the light will go out after half an hour or so. And then it goes back on once a door is opened.

It may of gone off... but when the engine was started it stayed on due to the switch position.. hence thinking it had been on for so long