Radio -sound

My 14reg Octavia's DAB radio has what seems to me to be a bit of a peculiarity.  The radio is almost always 'on', but with the volume turned right down.  It's like this because although I don't particularly want to listen to it, I want to receive traffic reports.

However, every time I start the car, the radio can be heard at a low level.  I turn it right down again, but the next time I start the car, again the radio comes on a low level.

Is it faulty?

Just check under settings -> sound/audio in the infotainment. There is an option to set the volum on startup as John said.

If I recall correctly, it can either be set at a predefined volum, or the volum it had when you shut it off.

Edited by Gromle

Thanks for your help guys, and no, I haven't checked the manual yet.  But having checked in the infotainment system, there's a 'Maximum switch-on volume', but the lowest it can go is 5. 

Is there another setting I should be looking for?