Interior light question

Is it normal for the interior light to flash on and off if it is set to stay on and you leave the car and try to lock it? Never noticed it before and tried using the fantastic search for an answer but found nothing.

It's no issue as I'm guessing it's put in place to prevent battery drain.

LEDs fitted?? Or stock bulbs

As above mine does the same and comes back on permanent once I restart the car (I guess a feature to stop you leaving the light on and draining battery)

• Like 1

Videos are on facebook. LEDs are in but the same happens with stock bulbs. The lights flicker and on the dash the boot image flashes too. I highly doubt it's a boot sensor error.

Another guy from the forum is having bigger issues with him and talking about it we came to the conclusion 'what happens if there's no bulbs in'. I tried that and nothing happens at all. So its either a battery drain prevention or an issue with the lights.

LEDs fitted?? Or stock bulbs

As above mine does the same and comes back on permanent once I restart the car (I guess a feature to stop you leaving the light on and draining battery)

So it's normal then? No one one the facebook page has said it is. They've cone up with

A. Cheap LEDs

B. Boot sensor failing

I don't think it's either. Definitely not A!