Stream mp3 aftermarket aux in adapter

hello all, has anyone had any experience with this item 

connects 2 aux in adapter for iphone/mp3, the set up is really simple and i had high hopes for it but when trying to play music through it all i got was lots of static and very little sound at maximum voloume, when trying to find a decent earth connection you can hear the speakers booming as if something is interfering.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321417096144?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Any help appreciated.

edit: i made sure i removed the cd changed and replaced with aux in plug as such, checked all levels of aux levels through the options too.

Edited by lDanl

I use one of these on mine, No problems with it. Have you made sure all connections are ok, Earth wire connected,, And remember to turn the volume up on the MP3 device as well as the stream head unit?

Edited by Doofy

I use one of these on mine, No problems with it. Have you made sure all connections are ok, Earth wire connected,, And remember to turn the volume up on the MP3 device as well as the stream head unit?

yes i've checked it for a good 2 hours lol and yes the iphone volume was maxed to the point where it said it was dangerous for headphone users

i sent the seller a question and apperently he's logging it with the company then getting back to me about it

i sent him the wiring diagram incase something differed

90ycrl.jpg

Edited by lDanl

oddly however, it was also playing exactly the same through the cdc option too, there is definitely some sort of connection but it is a very poor one maybe its wired wrong? 

Sounds like it could be a dodgy earth connection.

May I ask where you attached your earth? The seller sent me a replacement in case it was faulty but the same thing appears to be happening and I'm convinced it's the earth, I've tried a screw at the back of the radio and a bolt behind the radio that bolts into the dash...What seems to happen is when I hold it say like a millimetre away from a bolt you can hear muffled sound and when you go to attach it all sound disappears. You don't need to splice the earth into anywhere do you because it sounds like that ground loop thing I'm getting.