Running in concern...

Within a few days of collecting my brand new car (Petrol), I intend to do a 300 mile journey...predominantly Motorway and Dual Carriageway.

Now, normally I would set the Cruse Control and off we go.

But, being as during `Run-in` its best to vary the speed, I'm wondering whether I should use the throttle instead.

What do you think?

TIA.

Just drive it normal and not red line all the time.

No point vary the speed as you can do the same engine rpm in any gear.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

This is what I did...

Cruise set in 6th .... Every 10 minutes I would drop into 5th... 10 minutes 4th.... Then back up.... 10 minutes 5th.... 10 minutes 6 etc.

I've since had the engine examined by VAG engineers who have told me this was pure genius and they will be incorporating it into all VAG car manuals from next week....

• Like 1

This is what I did...

Cruise set in 6th .... Every 10 minutes I would drop into 5th... 10 minutes 4th.... Then back up.... 10 minutes 5th.... 10 minutes 6 etc.

I've since had the engine examined by VAG engineers who have told me this was pure genius and they will be incorporating it into all VAG car manuals from next week....

Sounds great, but not possible with DSG.

• Like 1

It's not really RPM that you need to worry about its engine load that seats the rings in the bores

So full operating temperature:

then full load on the engine (hard acceleration) then full vacuum (deceleration via engine braking)

Repeat

This is what I did...

One way of making sure you dont get bored on a long drag !

• Like 1