Spare Tyre

I have a spare Octavia Vega 16" Alloy wheel in the shed. Would this be suitable as a spare for my Superb Elegance that has 18" wheels on it then? I know it has a 205/55/16 tyre on it. Thanks.

I have a spare Octavia Vega 16" Alloy wheel in the shed. Would this be suitable as a spare for my Superb Elegance that has 18" wheels on it then? I know it has a 205/55/16 tyre on it. Thanks.

If it has the 5x112 bolt pattern it should be fine. It's not much work to take off one of the wheels and see if it fits on.

Try it on the front first just to make sure it fits over the brakes.

I know I have the smaller discs fitted because mines is the 140  
Dont know what brakes are fitted to the 1.8

But should be perfect  .My spare is a 205/55-16 metal rim and fits 

• 5 years later...

Hey Martin,
I am in the same situation. I am buying a car which doesn't have a spare wheel at all but the repair kit in a foam insert instead. I was wondering how did you manage to fix a spare wheel in a wheel well so it is not loose? Using straps or screws?

There is a proper flexible clamp for the spare wheel, search for 

SPARE WHEEL HOLDER CLAMP PEG BOLT SET FOR VW PASSAT TIGUAN SEAT IBIZA SKODA KODIAQ 3G0803899E

you may also wish to buy a full kit which includes that part plus the foam wheel insert containing a jack etc.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2021 at 07:48, superbdreams said:

There is a proper flexible clamp for the spare wheel, search for 

SPARE WHEEL HOLDER CLAMP PEG BOLT SET FOR VW PASSAT TIGUAN SEAT IBIZA SKODA KODIAQ 3G0803899E

you may also wish to buy a full kit which includes that part plus the foam wheel insert containing a jack etc.

Thanks very much!