Hello From Birmingham

Cshore

Hi Everyone,

Just bought myself a Skoda Octavia mk2 facelift 1.8 TSI and love it so far. Have abit of work to do on the weekend, rear pads and discs, oil change, cabin filter, coolant expansion tank and K&N panel filter.

Haven't found anything online but wondered if anyone on here could give me some turbo help. Anyone know of anyone who has put a garret turbo on the 1.8tsi engine? I may be able to get a very good deal on one from the factory. Just out of curiosity more than anything, that mod would be a long way off. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi,

I must admit having had disel for a decade, going back into a petrol turbo feels great. Thats quite a good weekends work too. Did it all go ok? No surprises?

Not sure on the turbo, might be a search in here reveals: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/169-skoda-octavia-owners/ but I'm pretty sure the yeti shares that block and people have experimented on those.. not sure if it's a garret.

This link has a few random hits: https://search.briskoda.net/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=garret%201.8tsi

It's actually gone terribly, the Pistons and piston rings are worn I believe, so it's using about 250-500ml every 250 miles of oil. Going to get a reconditioned engines with the new spec Pistons, rings and conrods because besides that the car is great