Rattle

mattyboy334

Have an annoying rattle on my new Yeti when pulling away or changing gear. Sounds like a tinny creek more than an out and out rattle. No sign of it at any other time. Has anyone else had something similar so I know where to look?

• Like 1

No, my new car makes a flip/flap noise I am thinking exhaust fixings or roll bar?

Engine mounts?

Edited by gumdrop

No, my new car makes a flip/flap noise I am thinking exhaust fixings or roll bar?

Engine mounts?

I was thinking possibly engine mounts. Will give it a few weeks to see if it beds in, before popping it into the dealers. Typical though as the Yeti I've just got rid of didn't have a single rattle for the whole time I had it.

Well I had a good look around the car today, while my brother drove the car

forward and reverse. No sounds externally but being able to concentrate on

listening the noise is more like a shutter operating a soft "flap" sound inside

the car.

Does it make any difference if the heater blower is at max or min or does it stop completely if a window is open?
If so it's the one way air exit flaps somewhere at the rear.

• Like 2

Worth checking the brake pipes that come off the servo and run across the bulkhead. I had this issue when my Yeti was new, there was a fairly long thread on here, it's a very noticeable vibration/ rattle at tick over and low revs. I solved it quite easily with some dense foam and cable ties to pack behind the pipes, the cable ties just pulled all the pies together tightly .

I get an annoying rattle when driving too fast  :devil:

Comes from the passenger seat area

Seriously - The one major thing in common with pulling away and changing gear is the clutch. I had this with a Fiat Punto - defective clutch pressure plate

Edited by bigjohn

Well I had a good look around the car today, while my brother drove the car

forward and reverse. No sounds externally but being able to concentrate on

listening the noise is more like a shutter operating a soft "flap" sound inside

the car.

Climate control servo?

Edited by bigjohn

I get a rattle as described when accelerating hard from cold (I know this isn't a good thing to do, but I have to get out of a tricky junction onto a fast road 300m after leaving the house). Once the car is warm it's no longer present. I've put it down to a cold exhaust which expands somewhere sufficiently to remove the play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk