Seat belt warning and thermostat query

My warranty runs out in the middle of May and I'll be booking a service before then and will want anything sorted out that needs it like the leak from the driver's door seal. So should my 2013 Fabia 1.2 TSI SE Estate have a seat belt warning on the front passenger seat?

Also it seems to take longer to warm up until the blue light goes out than my Roomster 1.6 16v automatic did. Could this be a faulty thermostat, is it just the nature of the different type of engine, or even that the blue light sensor is calibrated differently.

Any advice gratefully received.

Only real way to tell if the thermostat is opening early would be to use VCDS and see what temp the engine gets up to on a run. It may be that the more efficient 1.2 does take a little while longer to warm up

Only real way to tell if the thermostat is opening early would be to use VCDS and see what temp the engine gets up to on a run. It may be that the more efficient 1.2 does take a little while longer to warm up

Thanks, I wondered if it might be down to,the engine. I month ask for it to be checked on the service.

My warranty runs out in the middle of May and I'll be booking a service before then and will want anything sorted out that needs it like the leak from the driver's door seal. So should my 2013 Fabia 1.2 TSI SE Estate have a seat belt warning on the front passenger seat?

Also it seems to take longer to warm up until the blue light goes out than my Roomster 1.6 16v automatic did. Could this be a faulty thermostat, is it just the nature of the different type of engine, or even that the blue light sensor is calibrated differently.

Any advice gratefully received.

My 2013 Monte Carlo doesn't have a passenger seat belt warning and I've deactivated my drivers one through Carisa as when I drive my car around work the Bing was annoying.

Also my 1.6 TDI takes ages to warm up I think it's just the way newer engines are, how much longer does it take. To get to 90 degrees my car takes a good 4/5 miles.

Richard

It can take a wee while to go out, particularly in colder weather. I would have thought driving in Guernsey, it would have been on from start to finish of your trip to work!

Also, my older Greenline has no passenger warning so I recon its either "Normal" Or only happened in higher spec cars. The Greenline spec was not low though and features a passenger seat with hight adjustment, the same as the drivers seat so I would think if they fitted that, they would have fitted a seatbelt warning if offered!

Also, I was in Jersey AND Guernsey a few years ago and although most folk there seemed to think anything with over 50,000 miles was knackered, (Less, in Guernsey) A mechanic there told me that what most cars often needed was a good blast up the motorway. He advised getting the car to the mainland at least once a year and giving the car a real good thrash to clear out all the accumulated crap built up over the life of the car, being driven so slowly and run for such short journeys!

This can be more cost effective then massive mechanical repair bills if you book the ferries in advance!

My 2013 Monte Carlo doesn't have a passenger seat belt warning and I've deactivated my drivers one through Carisa as when I drive my car around work the Bing was annoying.

Also my 1.6 TDI takes ages to warm up I think it's just the way newer engines are, how much longer does it take. To get to 90 degrees my car takes a good 4/5 miles.

Richard[/quotes] Thanks, I asked because my Roomster had warnings on both front seats. It's odd that Skoda think it's needed for the driver who is very unlikely to forget to do it up, but not the passenger. I often have my 95 year old Mother in the car and we often had the bleeps because she had forgotten to do her belt up. Now I have to remember to check it myself.

It seems like the warming up may be because of the different engine type. My blue light usually goes out at about 2 miles or just over. It seems to be further along the road than the Roomster which is why I asked.

It can take a wee while to go out, particularly in colder weather. I would have thought driving in Guernsey, it would have been on from start to finish of your trip to work!

Also, my older Greenline has no passenger warning so I recon its either "Normal" Or only happened in higher spec cars. The Greenline spec was not low though and features a passenger seat with hight adjustment, the same as the drivers seat so I would think if they fitted that, they would have fitted a seatbelt warning if offered!

Also, I was in Jersey AND Guernsey a few years ago and although most folk there seemed to think anything with over 50,000 miles was knackered, (Less, in Guernsey) A mechanic there told me that what most cars often needed was a good blast up the motorway. He advised getting the car to the mainland at least once a year and giving the car a real good thrash to clear out all the accumulated crap built up over the life of the car, being driven so slowly and run for such short journeys!

This can be more cost effective then massive mechanical repair bills if you book the ferries in advance!

the light is only on for about 2 miles so it's probably OK. The mileage you referred to is out of date with modern cars I think. The Roomster had done 77,000 miles in 61/2 years when I sold it and it was still going strong. I only sold it because the Combi was such a good buy. The Spacewagon I had before had done 145,000km and I still saw it on the road for another 4 or 5 years. We do go to the UK for a week and at least a week in France every year, and I've just got back from a 4 day trip to Peterborough so it does get some decent runs.