Recent account creations

ColinD

• Administrators

Tis the season to be an idiot it seems with a half dozen or so alternative and troll accounts being registered.

The posts that have been made have done nothing to convince me these accounts are genuine or for the good of the site as a whole. They have therefore gone.

Serveral warnings have been sent to various accounts, some with no reply despite being read.

If they are reading this then, guys grow up ffs, I'm sure you have better things to do with your life than talk to yourselves.

Sorry Colin, I read my PM but havent got round replying.

Hand on heart I can honestly say I have not set up another account and was left a little confused at my warning? Perhaps this is better done via PM but I have nothing to hide.

Let me know as i've no intentions of setting up different accounts.

James :)

Colin but they don't :)

It may be that they think they are big, but are not, after all someone who posts pointless things using several accounts surely must need some help in a sort of way so maybe you should create a special section for them?

Briskoda Community Help Care Section?

• Administrators

Walkie,

Your ip from nildram is behind several accounts. I might suggest it's your family or co -workers.

the long and short is trolls waste my time and annoy me, this detracts from what I'm meant to be doing which means that the little issues slip to one side...so it's a smart way to be stuck with annoying bugs...:thumbup:

:eek: I am honestly shocked, i registered my account in my house, i.e only me here.

PM with more detail if you wouldnt mind.

I dont know an awfull lot about IP address but arnt they unique to each person? Unless you work in an office which all share the same connection - therefore same IP address (which I dont)

Hmmm not impressed, and I wouldnt want anyone here to think that any of those people were me I can assure you they werent, I do actually have better things to do.

Static or dynamic IP address?

My works one is static (Demon), home is dynamic (Virgin). Means I can't use sites from home that only allow a certain number of visits per day - such as postcode lookups :mad: :mad:

• Administrators

Just to aide and remind a few folk, here are our rules:

http://www.briskoda.net/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewcategory&cid=15

And to save a click, here is a snippet:

Official Forum Rules

Registration and use of this forum is free!

BRISKODA is a place for individuals to share ideas and information focused on Skoda Tuning, Performance and ownership.

Some Forum members maybe of a young age or unfamiliar with the internet/forum usage, please do bear this in mind.

To ensure the professionalism and usefulness of this forum, please follow these simple guidelines when posting a discussion topic or reply.

* Submit only information or ideas that are relevant to the forum subject.

* Do not engage in personal attacks on other forum members or the forum Moderators.

* Do not use obscenities or profanity, these are not tolerated.

* Do not post personal information about others.

* Do not advertise commercial products or services.

* Do not register alternative profiles to make points or comments.

* Do not post copyrighted, trademarked, or other proprietary material without the express permission of the owner.

Since this is a real-time bulletin board (BB), it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of all information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages that are posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and we are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We reserve the right to remove or edit objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We also draw your attention to the FAQ and the rules contained within.

Which should clarify the situation to the few.