window regulator advice

Hi guys my passenger side front window is making a horrible grinding noise. so when i got home from work whipped the door card off to have a gander and a bit of poking around and few presses of the search button on here i think the reg has had it. Seen on ebay around £20 does anyone know if these are good enough? Or should i get an original. Thanks in advance

Don't bother with the repair kits - total PITA to fit - easier just to get a replacement and fit that - did that on the passenger side on my car and the biggest pain was getting the door card off

Thanks for the replys yeah i have ordered the regulator i watched a few videos on youtube and that repair kit looks too fiddly for me lol only £18 may aswell

Don't bother with the repair kits - total PITA to fit - easier just to get a replacement and fit that - did that on the passenger side on my car and the biggest pain was getting the door card off

Seconded. Repair kits are a nightmare!

Hi there, my driver's side window regulator broke on Tues pm (NCT scheduled for Wed, just my luck).  Anyway i sourced a used regulator and got a local mechanic to fit it.  Unfortunately I now have two problems.

1) The EPC light came on, dropped in to another mechanic on the way to the NCT visual inspection, he attached the laptop, turned off light (€20) and as soon as I took the key from the ignition at the NCT centre and replaced it the light was on again. Called in to him on the way back and said the sensor for the brake light needs to be replaced. Do ye think this is coincidental or are the electrics off sync?

2) Since the regulator was installed I've great difficulty locking the drivers door (have to turn the key extremely left and the little flashing light doesn't come on anymore) Same question ? coincidence?

I bought my Octavia new 13 years ago and have had very little trouble with it up until recently - maybe it's time for me to upgrade  :wonder: