skoda fabia 2005 central locking problem

Ok, now i got out of the car,and went to lock the car using the fob, and nothing, only can manually lock it, now i called a autolocksmith out he pluged his machine in tried to do some wizardry but no luck, was saying he cant communicate with the ecu, also he tried to pair the key with the car again no luck there, so i told him to take a walk lol, so my main key and spare suddenly dont work BUT the batteries arent flat, also the car battery seems good but havent checked voltage readings, also the immobiliser light in the door card doesn't light up, i cheked all fuses, i checked wiring and found one broken wire fixed it and no luck, im really stumped at what to do now :, (

Edited by skodasan

The wire found was broken between the door and the dashboard,i followed wire it goes into the driver side window switch, but both windows worked anyway, but i noticed a sticker on the interior fuse box cover, which said (lamp wire cut x2) and some other stuff which i dont understand, plus it looks like someone had a go themselves because there were new rivets on the door panel, confusing this, i read somwhere it might be some kind of radio frequency receiver that needs replacing, going to have one last look 2moro before i loose my marbles.

The main key and spare suddenly don't work? I thought they weren't working hence calling out the auto locksmith?

Both keys have a flashing red light on them every time i lock or unlock the car, that how i know they work , but the car doesnt do anything when i press the lock button on fob, plus the red light on the door card doesnt flash which i think its to do with immobiliser or alarm, car performs perfectly but just doesn't lock with fob- and locksmith is a friends uncle who offer to help lol

Edited by skodasan

Seems you need an auto electrician, as you have more than one electrical issue..

Suggest cut-out the guess-work and get the car to the garage to fix all your issue's..

You do not want to start a fire on top of these electrical issue's..

Good Luck..

Let us all know what caused the problem..thanks..

Edited by giandougl