brake disc size?

hi, im trying to order some new front discs for my 2013 (5e3) octy 1.6tdi 105...ive bee non europarts and ebay, some are showing the discs to be 279.9mm others 288mm, is there anywhere in the manual or service book to check which size mine has, i have done the vehicle compatibilty check on some websites by entering the reg number  but they show both sizes available for the car, last resort is taking wheel off and just measuring them,thanks in advance...

ErWin shows the front disk size for the 1.6 TDi 77kW (CLHA variant) as being 288mm. It is the standard fitted to most of the Octy range, they don't officially do a 279.9mm disk.

You occasionally get variations if someone actually measures one as sometime they shave them down to minimum to save costs/weight. The rear on most big VWs used to be 286 but they actually were 282 when they realised the 4mm was waste and did not touch the pad!

Hope it helps