Dashboard colour/trim?

DampDog

It appears that the trim/colour of the dashboard comes in various finishes dependent on model.

Can this trim colour be easily changed at a later date. I quite like the textured finish, the shinny black not so much. Or is it a major component and so costly/complex to swap?  

Edited by DampDog

It appears that the trim/colour of the dashboard comes in various finishes dependent on model.

Can this trim colour be easily changed at a later date. I quite like the textured finish, the shinny black not so much. Or is it a major component and so costly/complex to swap?

They cost upwards of £500+ online as you can't get the dash alone, it also comes with the 2 front seatbelts and 2 airbags, because the whole thing is integrated into one

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcitigo+dashboard.TRS0&_nkw=citigo+dashboard&_sacat=0

Bare in mind also that one pictured doesn't have the slot required for the PID, so I suspect it's come off a low spec Mii or Up! I have no clue why they've thrown that Skoda airbag into the mix looking at it, as it's from a old model Skoda (I know that the very very very very earlier CItigo models came with the old style logo, so this too may be the case)

Edited by Hyphons

I'm not sure whether that surprises me or not. Having to swap out the whole dashboard simply to change the facia colour/trim looks a cack-handed expensive way to go about things. It looks like it ought to just clip/screw into position. £500 quid is on the steep side, not sure that is even new!

Ah well scratch that one...

Cheers. 

I'm not sure whether that surprises me or not. Having to swap out the whole dashboard simply to change the facia colour/trim looks a cack-handed expensive way to go about things. It looks like it ought to just clip/screw into position. £500 quid is on the steep side, not sure that is even new!

Ah well scratch that one...

Cheers. 

I do remember seeing one a while ago that was separate.. however it was very cheap, the pictures were dodgy and when I enquired about and asked for photos of the damage that was in the description (but interestingly the photo of said damage was all blurry) he said his camera was broken.. yeah alarm bells were ringing so if you find one cheap and separated.. just be cautious  

I do remember seeing one a while ago that was separate.. however it was very cheap, the pictures were dodgy and when I enquired about and asked for photos of the damage that was in the description (but interestingly the photo of said damage was all blurry) he said his camera was broken.. yeah alarm bells were ringing so if you find one cheap and separated.. just be cautious  

Cheers,I was just curious that's all.

• Like 1