Heater Blowers Not Working

bradfordfabia

Does your cig lighter socket work??, and your rear wash wipe?,  i had this a while ago, it was intermittent and took it into the dealer who couldnt fault it, i'd taken a video of it playing up so they had it in again and changed a relay (one that turns off the blower/rear wash and cig lighter while you're starting), seemed ok for a few weeks then started again, i took it into the dealer whilst it had failed to show them, but it started working again without turning the engine off/on (usual fix) by playing with the stalks.  With nothing being changed its been ok for a few months now.

Random question, do you have cruise control?

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue, car is due a service anyway, but this has been intermittent - exactly the same symptoms with heater fan and rear wiper (but not rear washer which works fine) and charging socket. Sometimes turning the car off entirely and waiting a few minutes fixes it but seems to be deteriorating. 

I have noticed it happens on damp/wet days more frequently, so possibly a moisture ingress into something electric somewhere?

I wonder is it a problem with 2015/2016 built cars specifically. Another quirk on mine is sidelights don't light up the dashboard bulb but main or full beam does, doesn't bother me as day running lights and main/full beam are sufficient for my needs. I never use sidelights anyway. Might be related issue if anyone else has noticed. 

Pretty sure we had this on the wife’s Citigo. It was something to do with the electrical connections to the ignition switch. Dealer fixed under warranty, no issues since. 

• 8 months later...

My fan heater is not working as well as cigarette lighter and havent been for 2 weeks. the main dealer garage cant take it for another two weeks. Thought it might be a fuse but the operator manual and the fuse box do not correlate at all. my local mechanic is amazing and said he can change the fuse but go online to check what fuse is what first. Im not having much luck finding the information and then read on here that it might not be the fuse. not sure what to do now. In the meantime Im frying on the motorway driving and seem to get a lot of car fumes in the car. Not good for the health!

8 hours ago, Luciefusion said:

My fan heater is not working as well as cigarette lighter and havent been for 2 weeks. the main dealer garage cant take it for another two weeks. Thought it might be a fuse but the operator manual and the fuse box do not correlate at all. my local mechanic is amazing and said he can change the fuse but go online to check what fuse is what first. Im not having much luck finding the information and then read on here that it might not be the fuse. not sure what to do now. In the meantime Im frying on the motorway driving and seem to get a lot of car fumes in the car. Not good for the health!

What year is the car?

• 5 years later...

My wife's 14 plate Citigo went in in 2019 for a new heater/blower controller/matrix/whatever - it would only work when fan speed set to 1 or 4. 

Unit replaced (& paid for!).

In Jan this year the same fault.

Unit replaced (& paid for - again!)

Nine months later it's happened again.

We're awaiting a call back from the dealer to set wheels in motion to sort it out.

Whilst I've been active over the years on the forums for Yeti & now Karoq I've never looked at Citigo until today - I've never felt the need to.

Has anybody else had this recurring problem?

Invoices for both previous repairs state that they traced the fault(s) to the "control heater resistor unit" blah, blah, blah  and in both cases they fitted new resistors (same part number both times).

It's going in Wednesday; dealer has confirmed that the repair done earlier this year has a 12-mth warranty on parts & went ominously (?) silent when the question of labour was raised.

I hope they won't try to argue with my missus over this aspect..........................

We'll just leave it to them - they've already acknowledged that any parts will be provided, and as mentioned earlier they'd better not try charging for labour. 

I'll make sure I've got Trading Standards programmed into my phone!