Skip to content

thebrighton

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. It is not possible to talk directly to the Skoda warranty department, only the extended warranty department who can't help. Your only port of call is customer services but even when you reach management level they have no control over warranty claims. I have plenty if emails from customer services but you will not get one from warranties. They only deal direct with the dealership who can confirm things to you by email. They win, it's wrong, but they win and now that the ombudsman is on their side they always will.
  2. I was sitting in the warranty managers office reading Skoda's reply to him with attachments from the ombudsman supporting the VW group's stance. They were recent rejections so VW have probably come up with a more robust "excuse" for not coughing up which the ombudsman now agrees with. Missing inspection reports weren't mentioned, purely the location. If it can be rubbed or collect dirt causing corrosion it's a no. He reconned if it was just the small bubble about a half inch into the panel it would have probably been ok but as you can see a small area where the edge of the rubber filler surround meets the bodywork they've decided it is "edge and fold". As you say it's cobblers. My only real option is the ombudsman which I have started but they quote a 6 month wait before they'll even look at it but it appears they'll side with VW anyway. I may have to bite the bullet and get it sorted myself.
  3. I now have a reason for the claim being rejected. It is corrosion caused by "edge and fold" not from the middle of a panel; if corrosion starts inside on a seam or edge it's tough. Sounds like cobblers to me and not specified in the warranty. I have also now discovered this has been the reason quoted to the motoring ombudsman which they have accepted and then rejected customer appeals. Seems Skoda have covered their backsides and have the ombudsman on their side.
  4. I've been back to Caffyns and had a long chat with their warranty manager. He agrees what has happened and that it's rust from the inside and that it is covered by the warranty and has shown me Skoda's internal repair schedule for claims such as this which even stipulates wheel arch liners have to be retro fitted. However, he has also shown my the reply to the warranty claim which shows it was Skoda that rejected the claim and they gave zero reason so that's Skoda lying to me saying the dealership made the decision. He is now contacting them again. What an absolute shambles.
  5. I have just spoken to Skoda's extended warranty department who were very helpful. Skoda have nothing to do with a claim. It is down to the dealership warranty manager to make the decision. It only goes to Skoda annually in the form of an audit so it is Caffyns that are lying to me. Looks like I will be going back to Caffyns
  6. Claim update. Skoda finally managed to contact Caffyns, the dealership, who claim Skoda warranty rejected the claim without giving a reason despite telling me it was because it wasn't corrosion. Caffyns have asked I return so they can take more photos, more (?) they never took any in the first place. I have an email train with Skoda but interestingly they rang me to say they had suspicions that Caffyns have asked for this to cover themselves so no proof. I asked for the number for warranties but for some reason customer services can't provide one. Anyone have it to hand. They told me to go to the ombudsman. There's a 6 month wait there so I guess Skoda are just hoping I go away! I won't be returning to Caffyns so they can cover their backsides.
  7. To answer my own question I actually found the part number attached to the tubing. Of course being part of the VW group things are never simple. You cannot buy just the tube as it comes with the wiring for the rear hatch attached to it so just the £150 when all that was required was a metre of tubing. 5mm clear rubber tube was purchased for a couple of quid and job done. Pity you have to remove 4 trim panels to be able to drop the roof lining enough to thread the new tube through.
  8. I am now confident that the dealer didn't contact Skoda UK. When I contacted Skoda UK they set up a case number and emailed Caffyns to arrange an inspection. They asked me if Caffyns had been in contact with me which they hadn't so Skoda UK emailed again and, again, Caffyns didn't contact me. The agent then tried ringing Caffyns but their numerous calls went unanswered and the only time they did answer they cut them off. They have now escalated it. I am still fully prepared for a drawn out argument with Skoda but so far they have kept me updated on a daily basis and are getting punchy with the useless local dealership.
  9. Many thanks
  10. Where did you find the bit about body protection warranty? It would be handy to get a decent copy as I just have what is listed in the handbook.
  11. My Citigo has suffered the not too uncommon issue of the hose supplying water to the rear washer splitting inside the rubber connector between the body and hatch caused, I believe, by opening and closing the hatch putting it under stress. Having got that waffle out the way I was going to just insert a connector but that may well make it less flexible and cause another split so perhaps replace the whole hose. After a bit of dismantling I have found it in the roof lining by the rear hatch where it plugs into a connector. So 2 questions, can I just replace that length of hose (approx 1.5m) and if so is it 5mm internal diameter or second idea, anyone know the part number of that piece of pipe with the connectors so it can be ordered off Skoda? After that I'll bail out the water in the rear hatch!
  12. It is ridiculous. The rust has only just started. It hasn't been serviced by Skoda for the last few years but even if it had they wouldn't have spotted the rust nearly a year before it appeared.
  13. Caffyns were actually very helpful and investigated and submitted a warranty claim. Skoda's reply was "it's not corrosion" so claim dismissed! Baffling. What is rust if it is not corrosion? I have now had to contact Skoda direct. Aaaargh!
  14. Skoda being awkward then. Nowhere does it say any of those inspections are a requirement. Why can't these big companies just abide by their own warranty habdbooks!
  15. I'm about to go down the route of tacking Skoda UK. My current Citigo is a 67 plate and it has the first signs of rust under the paint around the filler cap. I have caught it really early so it should be relatively easy to sort but I'm sure Skoda will be at their most awkward. I am not the original owner so have no paperwork for the first few services but irrelevant really as the 12 year warranty, as already established, doesn't stipulate it for corrosion from the inside. My local Skoda dealership whom I had a relationship with are no more with Caffyns now the franchise holder which also doesn't fill me with hope. I foresee a long, drawn out process about to start.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.