Fabia Headlight bulbs

Hi 

Could somebody please tell me what size a the headlight bulbs, both dipped and main beam ? Also what aftermarket bulbs are best ? Went into Halfords yesterday and they dont list the Mark 3 on their charts. 

Cheers

Martin

Oh and good luck changing them lol the main beams are easy enough but the dipped beams what a chew on

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Oh and good luck changing them lol the main beams are easy enough but the dipped beams what a chew on

haha I have just had a look and i see what you mean, mains should only take a few mins, but the other ones are a nightmare ! My best mate works in a bodyshop, so he said it would only take 30 mins or so to take the bumper and headlights out, so might just get him to do that lol. If it saves my hands ! Failing that, might be-able to make a bit more room by loosening the battery and sliding it back a bit ? 

haha I have just had a look and i see what you mean, mains should only take a few mins, but the other ones are a nightmare ! My best mate works in a bodyshop, so he said it would only take 30 mins or so to take the bumper and headlights out, so might just get him to do that lol. If it saves my hands ! Failing that, might be-able to make a bit more room by loosening the battery and sliding it back a bit ? 

Even if you don't have projectors the n/s headlight is a b***h and, as far as I can see, the only way to change the bulb is to move the battery away. 

Considering that headlight bulbs, in particular, are a safety item it is very poor that manufacturers are still allowed to get away with such poor design. Same problem with my old Volvo S60...fortunately Volvo dealers seemed to be happy to change bulbs FOC if you bought the bulb(s) from them. And drink their free coffee whilst waiting.

Atvsome stage I'll be giving my Skoda dealer a chance to match Volvo service.

There is a little cover in the wheel arch if you put the wheel on lock you can get in still fiddly tho

• Like 1