Are skoda doing it right???

Guest Fabia 12v

Guest Fabia 12v

I think skoda have made a mistake with the new vRS... i mean lower spec than the orginal one at a higher price.. bit daft!!

And then thinking about the L&K thats sposed to the the 'Top of the Range' yet isn't exactly the fastest around which is sort of what you come to expect for 'top of the range'.

Shorly perhaps there should be 2 vRS' the standard one. Then say an L&K plus vRS styling, 2.0T, DSG, vRS Wheels, Sports Suspension. If they built these they would target a very much wider market of people... getting quite a fantastic bit of kit there and at say around the

I don't quite follow what you were saying there, but FWIW I think that Skoda are trying to move 'up-market', at least in their asking prices.

VAG sell differently badged versions of essentially the same cars for different prices (To me, buying a used A4 seems like madness when an Octavia has a bigger boot and drives the same, if not better...). Now that most sane people realise that there's a neglible difference between the brands other than the bonnet badge and some interior trim, VAG are going to raise the prices to close the gap between the Skoda and VW versions.

you could argue there is no wrong or wright.... there more successfull than ever so there doing it wright... i understand what your saying but the "top of the range" model doesnt have to be the quickest. if you want the fast model then u go for the vRS but if u want what could be argued as a more luxurious model then u go 4 the L & K..

Nothing wrong with the luxury model L&K being slower than the VRS. Thats something that most manufacturers do , and we may in future see the L&K offered with a 2.0T engine.

They don't seem however to be making the most of the new VRS. The price is reasonably competitive with the Golf as it's cheaper and bigger , and not too bad when you compare it to how much the old VRS was before all the disounting started , but there seem to be a few things missing from the spec , and the dealers don't seem to have much of a clue what's included or optional

I think that skoda wll gradually tweak their prices upwards with each new model as the brand becomes increasingly recognised for the quality and reliabilityof it products. Yes it's audi clone but whilst they sell at budget prices they will always be seen as a budget brand.

Nothing wrong with the luxury model L&K being slower than the VRS. Thats something that most manufacturers do ' date=' and we may in future see the L&K offered with a 2.0T engine.

They don't seem however to be making the most of the new VRS. The price is reasonably competitive with the Golf as it's cheaper and bigger , and not too bad when you compare it to how much the old VRS was before all the disounting started , but there seem to be a few things missing from the spec , and the dealers don't seem to have much of a clue what's included or optional[/quote']

You got that right!!

God knows what will actually arrive at my dealers in Feb when my car arrives -- Skoda have said they can build my car as my spec -- but somehow I'm just expecting it to be a nightmare -- wrong wheels. wrong steering wheel - the list could be endless -- I'm hoping that the factory are a little more switched on than Skoda UK seem to be!

You got that right!!

God knows what will actually arrive at my dealers in Feb when my car arrives -- Skoda have said they can build my car as my spec -- but somehow I'm just expecting it to be a nightmare -- wrong wheels. wrong steering wheel - the list could be endless -- I'm hoping that the factory are a little more switched on than Skoda UK seem to be!

I was told the multi function ain't available :(

The price is reasonably competitive with the Golf as it's cheaper and bigger , and not too bad when you compare it to how much the old VRS was before all the disounting started , but there seem to be a few things missing from the spec

I suspect there is a deliberate attempt to keep the Golf GTi slightly 'more desirable' than the Octavia, even if it is fundamentally the same. If they were exactly the same spec there would be even less justification for buying a Golf. In my case, I prefer a car with a bigger boot anyway. The Octavia being a hatchback variant of the Bora/A4, VW/Audi don't do an equivalent for some reason.

I thought the vRS was top of the range in price - unless you want an oil burner or auto. In imho, without a big discount it's overpriced both compared with the rest of the range and with the Audi A3.

I'd be happy to have the Ambiente with a turbo for a couple of thou more. As it is from Broadspeed the vRS costs