My 2007 Elegance is estate will have been with me for 5.5 years very shortly, the longest I have owned a car for and I fancy a change. 

Fancying and affording are 2 different things, but with my girl starting school soon, there may be enough nursery fees available for a car. 

We just bought my wife a 2011 Grand C Max so I no longer need a big car, but I like the toys that come with the bigger cars. 

On sunday I sat in a 2015 Focus, the Titanium X model so came with pretty much everything. Although this is quite high priced at the mo, it is not silly money. 

Question is do I really want to change from a Skoda, the Octavia has done 72,000 miles in the last 5.5 years costing me only the usual wear and tear items and returning a nice 52.4mpg. When I look at the Rapid of Fabia, I am not keen on the lack of toys and as I am in my car for 2.5 hours each day, I like to be sat somewhere nice. 

Ideally would like a 2l diesel next time for the extra ponies, a newer car means the tax has been fiddled down anyway. Golf probably too much, not too fussed about the Leon, A3 saloon is lovely but over budget. Any other suggestions? 

Edited by zeffania

My 2007 Elegance is estate will have been with me for 5.5 years very shortly, the longest I have owned a car for and I fancy a change. 

Fancying and affording are 2 different things, but with my girl starting school soon, there may be enough nursery fees available for a car. 

We just bought my wife a 2011 Grand C Max so I no longer need a big car, but I like the toys that come with the bigger cars. 

On sunday I sat in a 2015 Focus, the Titanium X model so came with pretty much everything. Although this is quite high priced at the mo, it is not silly money. 

Question is do I really want to change from a Skoda, the Octavia has done 72,000 miles in the last 5.5 years costing me only the usual wear and tear items and returning a nice 52.4mpg. When I look at the Rapid of Fabia, I am not keen on the lack of toys and as I am in my car for 2.5 hours each day, I like to be sat somewhere nice. 

Ideally would like a 2l diesel next time for the extra ponies, a newer car means the tax has been fiddled down anyway. Golf probably too much, not too fussed about the Leon, A3 saloon is lovely but over budget. Any other suggestions? 

My suggestion is get it stage 1 remapped. It'll give you the extra ponies you want, plus give the car a new lease of life! (Doing 3-5 hours a day in mine!)

• Like 1

I would say between 12-15k would be my budget and my car has been remapped since 6 months after I bought it and stage 2 really isn't an option. 

I really fancy an out of the box car that has bluetooth, streaming, etc so I don't have to mess around with it like I have with the Octavia. 

Just got my Mazda 3 SE-L-NAV and it has a lot of toys and a 2.2d for £15k (1yr old)

Mazda were much more willing to deal than any other dealer I went into (inc BMW and Jag).

It's got BT, Wifi, streaming, xenons, sensors plus lots of things I don't use. Heated seats won it for me :moon:

I don't have a big data allowance so I don't use the internet stuff. Plus I've a Windows phone and nothing is compatible with that.

The Sport is totally loaded (HUD and lots more) but a fair bit dearer

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems that work being slightly busier and me with my head on correctly, I am more than happy being in my Octy and quite fancy seeing 150k on the clock. Why trade in a car I know, doesn't cost a great deal and works? 

Yea, silly 5 on my part; as you were  :notme:

• 4 weeks later...

And she cleans up nicely too  :sun:

IMG_20160604_200403_zps6fq2dc5w.jpg

IMG_20160604_200343_zpsktoq6ncx.jpg

And seeing as I am looking after my mum's car, it has been relegated to the road. Still shiny4 days after it was cleaned thankfully  :D

IMG_20160607_215000_zpsnyinajul.jpg