vibrating? is this normal

My wife a3 is a dsg so I cant compare..

My vrs has a full skoda service history with 153k on it..

Now when I pull away it sort of vibrates but doesn't.. Could just be a diesel feel or do all or yours pull away completely smoothly or just feel a little rough around edges when pulling away?

Wanna ask before I get remap

The only other thing to add is on idle it occasionally has a single knock then few seconds later same again..

Any thoughts would be great.. Thanks

Off to go look that up... how do uou check it? Thanks

It's a bit difficult to check it in situ. The bushes can deteriorate and become sloppy and perished. You could try rocking the engine back and forth to see if there's excessive play by engaging the clutch on and off in gear.

If it's been on the car a long time I'd replace it anyway and rule it out. Easy job.

Edited by TMB

If it was engine mounts you would be able to tell upon start up and shutdown of the engine, have someone turn the engine on and off while your observing, or you could turn the engine on leave the handbrake engaged then release the clutch enough for it to take up any slack.