Post Cluster Replacement Issues

rriggs

I had my cluster replaced and apparently the delaer had a hard time coding it (they had Skoda working on it for three days) but since I got it back there are a few little issues:

- one of the keys won't always start the car (they had both keys for coding)

- the one shot up and down on the windows doesn't work

- the mirrors won't fold when locking with either key

The dealer has the car booked back in to sort these items but my concern is what else might not be working that I might not have noticed.

I have specifically asked them to check everything and to make sure that specification specific items are double checked (auto wipers, auto lights, adaptive lights, etc) but does anyone know what else may have been affected?

The windows one shot is easily fixed with a reset by lifting the window close button again for 2 - 3 seconds after the window is closed probably for each window. this problem happens after the battery has been disconnected. Resetting the windows will also cure the mirror fold from the fob problem.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how uninformed the main dealers are sometimes.

The big issue is the service receptionist has no real technical ability or they are not allowed to give advice.

I had a really silly issue that made the dealer after speaking with SUK technical, replace my cluster on my Octavia vRS mk2, only to find out all they had to do was set my service type correctly. It took me getting the info off here and had to stand in the workshop with the technician and show him the correct setting on the computer to get my oil temperature reading to display the temperature.

Edited by Defenderben

The oil temp is something that is working OK. I've tried most things myself now but just wonder is there's something I might not have thought of that has also been affected...?