Ive had glow plug light come on, gave car a blast seemed to cure, came on again along with engine light both orange. Friend plugged car in to his reader, P2455. Had this twice i had given car 2 good runs 60mph 2-2500 rpm 4th gear seemed ok for 2wk. Had 2 good runs sat sun, light on again. What products can i try to get issues sorted. What are the options apart from getting ridpost-80803-0-42268100-1463179602_thumb.jpg

You have a problem with the differential pressure sensor. It could be the wiring to the sensor but in 99 % of cases it's the sensor itself. Some work on a 3 volt range and some work on a 5 volt range. Stop driving your car because it will not regenerate with this issue so no amount of driving will fix it. Get it sorted ASAP as if left it may lead to total dpf blockage. Also if it's the sensor it should be adapted after it has been fitted.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The differential pressure sensor costs about £50 and is straightforward to change. BUT you must use vcds or similar to adapt the new sensor before the engine is started.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Im not in position to do work myself, will just have to use car in mean time till i find somewhere to get it sorted

If you keep driving it your just going to fill the dpf up so much that you won't be able to force a regeneration and you will need a new dpf. Where as if you get it sorted now should just be the cost of the sensor.

Ive bought som dpf cleaner to mix in fuel going to give that a try see how it goes, has any one tried it?

I used to stick JML DPF cleaner in the tank when I had my 170 PD Vrs,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JLM-Diesel-Particulate-Filter-Cleaner/dp/B005FOCB6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463220938&sr=8-1&keywords=JML+DPF+cleaner

** Other DPF cleaners will be available **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

If the sensor has failed / is failing then do not leave it. Get it sorted ASAP, borrow the money if you have to.

I'm talking from experience, leaving the DPF to fill up without being able to regenerate will cost you big time in the long run if the DPF needs forced regen, replacing or removing.