Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 CR TDI Whining Noise at speed

There's a whining noise that's happening intermittently normally if I go above 60 MPH it happens when driving myself or using the cruise control.

It can come and you won't touch the pedals then it will go again and come back etc I can't find a way to make it do it everytime.

It's a Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 CR TDI.

It sounds louder in person than the video has picked up.

Any ideas?

Video Link:

• 2 weeks later...

It may be the door seals. I had a similar sound to this when driving at around 50mph and above.

The dealer realigned the doors, but that brought its own problem as there is a lot of external sound now entering the cabin. It can be so bad that I check to ensure the windows are fully up.

Mine is nothing too major then by the sounds of it, it's not done it for a while and it is very intermittent it only happens on the motorway, normal around town driving is very quiet and the cabin is quiet on the motorway.

It may well be Tyres as they are not all the same make or tread depth.. I've not had the car long I will monitor the situation and if it happens more I'll give the door seals a wipe down and look at replacing any dodgy tyres.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...